• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi, I'm Jared from "Show Me The Pins"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm Jared from "Show Me The Pins"

showmethepins

Gotta Find Mickey Pins!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jared Romaine and I've been collectiong Disney pins since 2003. I built my collection to about 800 pins and spontaneously sold the entire collection a couple years ago. :(

My family just returned from WDW and I really miss pin trading, so I've started an online Disney pin project that I think everyone would enjoy participating in. Check it out at www.showmethepins.com. Our Go-Live date is January 1, 2011 but we're making updates daily. Let me know what you think of our project concept, and make sure to get some Mickey pins lined up to trade with us! :wavey:

Jared - I have 14 pins on your wants list, I trade from the UK - please let me know how you'd like to play this one if you wish to trade etc

Thanks for the prompt responses Tiggermickey and earthbound. At this time I'm only accepting donations (and I'm not trying to solicit any, trust me). My project officially starts on January 1, 2011 and at that time I can start talking trade with you. I'll keep in touch. Thanks again for the responses!

Thanks for the prompt responses Tiggermickey and earthbound. At this time I'm only accepting donations (and I'm not trying to solicit any, trust me). My project officially starts on January 1, 2011 and at that time I can start talking trade with you. I'll keep in touch. Thanks again for the responses!

Okey Dokey!! Look forward to hearing from you

Hi, Jared, and welcome!

The Show Me The Pins project is an awesome concept! The DPF Team will be sending some pins your way. We look forward to following your progress. :)

From the video, it looks like the project is a team effort. Are you going to take shifts, making trades and buying and selling all around the clock? Will you have a massive spreadsheet to keep track of things? Will your collection be updated in real time on Pin Pics, or just on your website? (I'm curious about the details.)

I'm really glad the team here at DPF is embracing this project, thanks a lot! To answer your questions Carolyn, I (Jared) came up with the project concept and will probably do the majority of the trading. I have received a lot of support from my family, as is evident by the welcome video (that's still only about 50 percent complete!). My wife and my two sisters-in-law have helped me round out the project concept and have contributed to the creative aspects of the video. I would love to have their help buying/selling/trading; we'll see how much they're able to contribute... All of live in the same time zone in NY so trading "around the clock" may be challenging. We do have a spreadsheet that will track all pins that ever enter or leave our collection. You can view it on the "Pin History" page of our website, and yes, we plan to keep Pin Pics up to date. 20 days until we start!

Welcome to DPF, Jared and Congratulations on the project!

We're looking forward to donating and helping promote in any way we can, so if there's anything we can do, please let us know :D We feel that it's projects like these that keep pin trading interesting and keep it from going "stale" -- sometimes veteran pin traders tend to forget that trading is what it's all about. We look forward to the progress and look for a package from DPF in the mail soon! :) :wavey:

-Bryan

You're awesome Judy! I can't wait to get it, and be sure to check out the Contributors page on our website to see yourself up there! I hope we can do some trading during the project...

You're awesome Judy! I can't wait to get it, and be sure to check out the Contributors page on our website to see yourself up there! I hope we can do some trading during the project...
:lol: with all the generous donations you receive for the project, you should be able to trade nicely, or will definitely end up with more than the initial estimate of 100 pins :cool:

:lol: with all the generous donations you receive for the project, you should be able to trade nicely, or will definitely end up with more than the initial estimate of 100 pins :cool:

LOL, I sure hope so! I think having people who are willing to trade with me will be even more critical than the number of donations I receive. Let's hope everyone embraces this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back