HKDL Lady & Tramp 65th Anniv. - Si & Am on pin

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Oct 17, 2020 at 9:52 AM.

1. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    143   0   0

Interesting that HKDL just released a pin for this Anniversary with Si & Am looking out of a window. I am happy that they did not give in to the crazy PC movement we seem to be in, and acknowledged characters from the original movie and did not try to change history. Just my opinion.

Shelterkat likes this.
  2. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

3. Gelatoni

Gelatoni Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm friends with a Si and Am collector from Hong Kong and it's been a huge frustration of hers. PC culture is a very American thing and I don't know of a single person from Hong Kong who thinks that Si and Am are offensive. But HKDL is not immune as Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah was recently cut from the Grizzly Gulch Welcome Show.

4. wonderbywonder

wonderbywonder Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Agreed. Does anyone know a good source for Hong Kong Disneyland pins like the recent carnival ones?

5. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    143   0   0

I have a "Pin Friend" in HK and we help each other out with pins accessible at our respected locations. BUT, since COVID-19 hit the mail into/out of HK is totally disrupted. We have no idea when this will be cleared up, and it may be sometime until we trade again.

wonderbywonder likes this.