HM 2020 Wave A - Shouldn't there have been one?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by stratasfan, Apr 15, 2020.

1. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Disney didn't close down until almost through with the first quarter. Shouldn't there have been 2020 HMs? Wondering if anyone knows what they are/were.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

Considering they didn't start the 2019 HMs until late March (seriously, the Jan-March ones were released two to three days before April), no...

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Then there is the 2018 Wave A set that DLR forgot to order. 2018 wave A released in mystery pouches before it hit the trading boards. I think it finally showed up AFTER 2018 Wave B.

Disney doesn't follow any standards for hidden Mickey releases. It's pretty random.

If you are bored... I started this thread for that 2018 Wave A set:
    2018 Hidden Mickey Release Watch

Connies_Hobby and starry_solo like this.
  4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

I really liked it, back in the day, 2008-2012-ish (maybe 2011-ish), when they did monthly hidden mickey pin releases and we would go hidden mickey hunting on the weekends :D

5. Pecosace

Pecosace Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I was at WDW in late February and the HM board in Pin Traders was still the last round of HM 2019 pins. Those attraction sign HM pins are great! I still need Great Movie Ride and Haunted Mansion and then I'm set!

coblj003 likes this.
  6. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Ooooooo . . . monthly! I bet that was fun for those of you who live close! I could imagine! :)

Maybe they won't release 2020 HMs until the parks reopen and just do a partial year and release the rest of the planned ones into next year?

7. Pecosace

Pecosace Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Maybe! I wonder if they would be less common if not as many people are visiting the parks.

8. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I bet it won't be less-common, as I would guess they aren't releasing Wave A as Wave A. Would guess they will just postpone their next line-up of HMs!

9. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

I think this means that if any releases were planned for this spring, they will be postponed until reopening. I can imagine any planned releases after that will just be adjusted pending how long the parks are closed similar to Disney’s Movie postponements...

10. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Same. I used to look for them as a relatively easy way to add characters to my collection without having to start a whole new collection, plus I enjoyed having something to look for while meandering around the parks. I found that I lost interest in collecting them when Disney started releasing them in waves. It was too many pins to look for at once, not to mention it seemed like they were scrapped almost as soon as they hit the lanyards.

starry_solo likes this.