• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you get caught up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get caught up?

Mahrii

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Hey guys, I've been around for the last three years or so and I had some problems in life that got in the way of my pin collecting. My daughter and I got diagnosed with a hereditary disease that has no cure, I lost my mom, hubby lost his mom, daughter and I have been through too many surgeries to list in the last 18 months, hubby lost his job during the midst of this. God has shown himself faithful and we have made it through. I feel I need to get back into my collections but I'm finding it do hard to figure out what all has transpired since I've been on and off.

Im thankful to have still been able to keep on touch with many of you and even seen a few at the last wdw event and the parks.

I somehow the auction house still pretty active? I haven't seen many auctions going on, but maybe I'll do one just to get into the swing of things.

I have missed you guys and I'm having really bad withdrawals of finding bubble envelopes in my mailbox.

Anyway, I'm back and I need to feed this addiction.

I try not to focus on what i've missed and start from this second on the pins that are being released. I started in 2010 so I had missed a good chunk of auction stuff (and a LK collector too so a lot of the more beautiful pins out there are still not within my grasps) but working on getting pins that are wanted today whether it be through releases and ebay and then trading w/ people. For awhile I was trying hard to get a bunch of pins using ebay but I found my wallet wasn't enjoying it so I just focused on more recent popular things and started trading for older things.

Welcome Back! Sounds like a rough road. Wishing you all the best on your journey in life and in pin trading. Good Luck!!!!

Just wanna say Sorry to hear all the sad things that happened to you and your family, life can be sooo hard sometimes and you have to try to stay strong and keep faith... So Welcome back over here and wishing you my good luck to find all your pins search needs for your collection! Don't hesitate if you wanna make a trade ;)

So sorry to hear about your rough patch...I will be keeping you all in my prayers and sending out some positive thoughts; I hope things are starting to look up for you all!!! :hug:

Very happy to see you back around! :) I myself was absent for quite a bit, also dealing with some unpleasant issues in my own life! :/ Now that we are both back around, would love to set up a trade and do some catching up!!! :D

Welcome back! So sorry for all those things that have happened to you and your family recently! I'm sure you'll be able to "catch up" and be back in the swing of things just by being "back".

Thanks guys, so nice to see some familiar faces, and some new ones.
I'm hoping to start an auction or two just to get my feet wet a little.
Let the pub trading begin! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back