• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to delete account?

How to delete account?

Mahrii

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I need to know how does one to about deleting an account? I don't see an option for this anywhere.
thanks in advance,
Mahrii

ps. I'm not deleting mine, lol.

I figure someone has to contact the admin (not moderators): Cicada, Bricklayer, and thejessta (sp?)

I figure someone has to contact the admin (not moderators): Cicada, Bricklayer, and thejessta (sp?)

Pretty much they (admin) just ban the account. :lol:

correct.

the reason we ban the account (as opposed to deleting it) is to safeguard against re-registrations under a different name, but the same e-mail. Early on, we would completely delete the account, and people would re-register with the same e-mail, but a different name -- this behavior was ESPECIALLY prevalent in scammers who would ask to have their account deleted only to come back and "strike again".

simply banning the accounts accomplishes 2 things -- it discourages the above behavior, as well as discourages visiting to the forum since no posts/threads/forums are visible to a banned user (otherwise, why would you want your account deleted? you can easily leave the forum and never return)

self-imposed perma-bans can be lifted simply by emailing contact [at] disneypinforum.com (or by using the Contact us link at the bottom of the forum) with your account name, and we will lift the ban so you may return.

Back