• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RAKed! I Was Attackkkkkked!!! Can’t Believe I Survived

RAKed! I Was Attackkkkkked!!! Can’t Believe I Survived

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Okay... that title was total clickbait. While I wasn’t physically attacked, I was emotionally attacked by the kindest, most thoughtful souls and I am still in disbelief... it’s crazy that these gestures/blessings just always seem to come at EXACTLY the right time...

This year has been really rough for me. After losing my Grandpa in January and dealing with the chaos of returning to work earlier than expected, my life has felt like a nightmare at times. But my saving grace and my happiest moments have all happened on this forum, with my pin family of ten years and counting. When things get tough, or my anxiety feels too overwhelming, this forum has been my safe haven, a place where I can escape and be around the kindest people ever. When I’m chatting with y’all or reading your threads or seeing your awesome hauls, it just brings so much happiness and peace of mind to me. So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

And then y’all went and RAK ATTACKED me?! Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE MAIL! Over the pandemic, going to the mailbox and opening my packages was the highlight of my day most days. So throughout the week I kept getting random packages that I didn’t expect?!?! After the second package I had an inkling this was something more than just a mistaken address. I had a tough week as this was my first full week back at work, so I decided to save everything for Friday so I could have something to look forward to. And oh my, was I just completely shattered by the kindness that our members showed me... I’m a big cry baby and there were definitely water works!!!

So without further ado!!!

Last edited:
cae7d61da2bc0893e3ea3a428c2035fc.jpg

6-26-21 To start, the first package I opened was from the wonderful @watzshakinbacon (Erin)... can I just say I am floored by how talented our members are, and how amazing Erin is at crocheting. Just WOW. I’m always so annoyed that Disney doesn’t make cute Jawa plush or merch, so this was PERFECT and fulfilled that desire. I have one that @stratasfan and @GroguFan made me for Christmas, so now I get to take one to work and keep one with me at home. I will have smiles (and Jawas) all hours of the day now :)

p.s. don’t know how you knew my fave princess is Punzie but that postcard is going up on my wall with my other Punzie postcards and pins. Ty so much Erin!!!
4f1941ab6b5ba6289432be2f4af1c184.jpg

6-26-21 The second package that I opened up was from the dear @Shelterkat (Dawn). Mind you Dawn already zapped me a Pluto Grail (Pluto in Christmas Jammies) for Christmas 2020, and then she continues to spoil me by sending these amazing Tinker Bell February pins. My birth month is February, and Dawn made sure to post an extra special birthday message for me on my bday, so these Tink pins are just that much more special Dawn. My favorite thing is seeing you post on our pages for all of our birthdays. It’s truly a gift that you share with all of us! I can’t thank you enough for your continued kindness to all of us!!!

p.s. I accidentally mixed in some stickers from the other packages, but I appreciate you ALL for the fun stickers and extras that were sent along. When I was younger I had a sticker book I cherished like gold, so needless to say stickers hold a special place in my heart.
1a09938f9ff8e95bb8fc45c8b2abd37e.jpg

6-26-21 @SoraPandora (Sara) just continued the theme of me sobbing like a baby (I watched Luca tonight and I feel like that weakened me, in my defense) :p

I was showing my roommate the packages and the first thing he said was “How do they know you like all of this stuff...” and it just made me smile because all of these packages were so personalized and special and heartfelt. Sara, I DO NOT HAVE THIS PLUTO PIN AND I REALLY REALLY WANTED IT!!! I’m so excited to put it on my Pluto board. I LOVE the design on it and am just blown away that you sent it to me. The comic books are perfect too! They have Rapunzel and Pluto in them, and I’m excited to read them (and frame them once I’ve read them). They will make perfect wall art once I’ve read them through several times. And the Cinderella Slipper was the cherry on top. What a beautiful pin I didn’t know I needed.
ee15c0205c112b2216acb470431287f4.jpg

7-2-21 @Ajk surprised the heck out of me today when I found a package in my mailbox. I wasn’t expecting any other RAKs but he kept the party going with this amazing loot. Two awesome Ariel pins that he said were traders but will likely end up in my Princess side collection, and a COCO FRAME! I know what picture I’m going to put in there as a filler, but now I’m determined to take a picture with Miguel at DCA and add it to this wonderful frame :) Thank you so much Aaron, what a terrific way to end my week!!!
da7b615d3b952e3931abbb559aeae4f1.jpg
7-9-21 Okay a guy could get used to these Friday surprises/pick me ups. Today I arrived home to a package from the wonderful Tessa (@timeerkat) and it was jam packed with goodies. Let me just start off by saying, I squealed a little bit when I pulled out the Pluto Shanghai stickers. And the fact that there’s TWO makes me feel so relieved because I can stick one onto my cork board and save the other one for a future project. Soooo stoked at how amazing those stickers are, and I’ve never even seen them before to boot!

Phew it could have stopped there and I would have been over the moon. But nope, Tessa filled it to the brim. Also included was a PLUTO PIN THAT I DO NOT OWN (and I’m already trying to make room for it on the cork board), a Rapunzel pin I never was able to find in the parks and I’m so happy to have it, and two amazing Pooh and Scar pins! I also love the Copper keychain and plan to put it on my trading lanyard to wear to the parks. How do y’all know me so well?! I love my Disney Doggies :D Oh and my favorite lollipops, the Carmel Apple Pops?! Who is feeding y’all this information? I don’t think I’ve ever revealed that green apple is my favorite candy flavor! Needless to say, this package was just so personal and perfect and I appreciate every little detail you included Tessa. I’m smiling from ear to ear!!!
13c964dc3df53383b28dbacc6c721377.jpg

7-10-21 This one caught me off guard big time! I’ve ordered a ton of stuff online recently and I was expecting a few packages to arrive today... little did I know Maia (@maiarebecca) had a HUGE surprise in store for me that totally beats anything I got in the mail today. Where do I even begin... I opened this package which was masterfully packed in two bubble mailers for extra protection and when I opened it up... I still didn’t know what it was :p It was in a white box so I had to get through a third layer for the surprise.

When I say that I gasped out loud... I really couldn’t believe my eyes. This is a pin set I’ve had on my radar since I was tagged in it a few weeks back. I’ve had it on my Amazon Wants list since then, but haven’t jumped the gun because I frequently get Amazon gift cards as incentives from work and have been patiently waiting on one to come my way again.

Well Maia totally beat me to the punch with this amazing RAK... I can’t get over how beautiful this set looks in its case (AND THE CASE ACTUALLY STANDS ON ITS OWN AND WORKS AS A FRAME). I’m so tempted to add the Tatooine & Jawa pins to my lanyard, but I refuse to take it out of this amazing frame so it will be displayed on my desk right below my cork board for the time being. Maia, you really outdid yourself and I’m so grateful for this gesture! Thank you thank you thank you!!! All of you have spoiled me rotten recently and I’m left speechless (am I though... I am chatty as ever :p) Oh and this Jawa pin is similar to a previous Amazon Jawa pin, BUT it’s so much bigger and detailed and way better quality, which makes me even more stoked to own it now!!!
77ec4d7c99badd8eeea83a427a150750.jpg

0c0554a079e46bc379a016953346c25f.jpg

9709b616972bae9b62dd65ccc389e82e.jpg

7-15-21 So @stratasfan & @GroguFan have been hinting at a RAK package of their own for a few weeks now. The “Wonder Twins” as I like to call them, had a surprise so big in store for me that I still really can’t wrap my head around it. This entire month of RAKs has just been so amazing, with some of the BEST packages I’ve ever received and I keep having to pinch myself to make sure it’s not a dream.

So my dear friends told me to expect a RAK sometime this week, and it arrived on Tuesday. I wanted to give myself an “end of the week pick-me-up” so I saved it for today to open (it took a whole lotta self control!!!) Today was the day I finally got to do it! Tbh I couldn’t have prepared myself for the amazingness inside!

First, the Wonder Twins love to fill their packages with lots of sweets and goodies. It’s their signature move! Lots of candies for me to share and enjoy over the long weekend :) I’ve never had a Kinder Joy so I’m actually really excited to try it! An amazing RAK card with the kindest words in it, and a SANDCRAWLER HOTWHEEL!?!? That is so darn cool and something I didn’t even know existed until now. I absolutely love it and am so excited to add it to my collection. This is the best thing ever, or so I thought. There was more...

As I proceed through the package, there was one final item wrapped up tightly left for me to open up. When I finally did, I could not believe my eyes... a handmade, needle-felted JAWA Sculpture with its very own stand. When I say this Sculpture is expert level, professional quality, 10 out of 10, out of this world... oh my goodness. I can’t stop staring at it. Sarah and Elizabeth are beyond talented and generous, and the fact that they can do these things by hand just blows me away. I have wanted a Jawa figure for awhile now, and this is so much better than anything I could have found online. I included a picture of the instructions they included because a) they have beautiful handwriting and b) this is how thorough and thoughtful they are with their gifts. This took them 20 hours to make and I can tell how much dedication and effort went into each detail! Oh and one the neatest things, the handmade satchel was filled with three pins (two Jawas for my pin board!!!) No words can explain how grateful I am for this wonderful surprise Sarah and Elizabeth, thank you to the moon and back :)
7117094decb822c62292761d032130f8.jpg

7-20-21 Someone pinch me please, this feels like a dream! I’m dreaming, right? Every time I receive an unknown/surprise bubble mailer in my mailbox, I keep telling myself that it can’t be for me... no way, I’ve been showered with kindness and amazing gifts already, my RAK attack has come to a close... and lo and behold, it’s a package from another one of our lovely DPF members determined to put a huge smile on my face.

This time it was a tag team from @slbrabham and @TangledUpInIce, who just spoiled the heck out of me with TWO PLUTO PINS I DO NOT OWN. I’ll repeat myself again, how the heck are you guys sending Pluto pins that I do not own and pins I’m actively searching for?!?! The best thing about this package is that it included a pin HIGH on my wants list (something I consider a recent grail) and a pin I’ve never seen before but absolutely love.

The ACME Pluto is something I’ve tried to trade for, and have been close to purchasing outright, but it never came to fruition. So to have this pin & the card that it came on feels so amazing! It is beautiful in person and such a good size!!! The Pluto Christmas Stamp pin is a combo of my two favorite things, Pluto + Christmas and it will fit in perfectly with my Pluto Holiday pins!!! And to top it off, they sent me a sweet treat that I’ve never had the pleasure of trying here in Cali, the Pecan Candy Praline. I can’t wait to enjoy this treat as I watch Black Widow this weekend, and I absolutely love trying new treats. Oh gosh, thank you so much you two, I feel so honored that you shared these gifts with me and know that I’ll be doing a happy dance for the next week as I make room for these new Pluto pins on my board!!!

Thank you all for an amazing surprise. I’m like an elephant and I will never forget this moment and the gesture and kindness you showed me. Lots of love to you, and to ALL of our members who spread positivity and joy and make this place a safe, happy place to be. Know that your posts and funny jokes and sharing information and happy news goes a long way, and it may help some people (like me) more than you even imagine. I don’t know if I would have gotten through the past year without my DPF family!!! This simply is the best place to be, ten years and beyond.

Last edited:
Been waiting to see when the first package arrived and you figured out what was going on! :) Boy, has it been terrible not being too excited while we've been emailing lately! -grin- Keep a sharp lookout on that mailbox . . .

Do you mean you are back to work in your office now? No more working form home? I bet that nice, even if you have to get back in the groove. :)

Congrats on the RAK!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yayyyy thank you Sara!!! I’ve been doing a happy dance all day today while admiring my haul.

@stratasfan and @GroguFan you sneaky wonder twins, I was wondering why y’all asked for my Pinpics :) Hehe so excited!

p.s. we did transition back to campus Elizabeth. It was unexpected but I enjoy having a place other than my bedroom to work. Back to 2 hour commutes and overly chatty coworkers and waking up at 6 am though. It’s definitely going to be a transition!

@momin.ator thank you Gwennn!!! It was quite the surprise and now I’m beaming with excitement. The stuff is so cool, I feel so honored.

Last edited:
Just when the party is winding down, @timeerkat throws an after party with an amazing RAK package (see above). Thank you so much Tessa!!!
Congrats! That's a lovely package!!
When it comes to putting your sticker on your board, I have a suggestion. I've got a beautiful Moana sticker that I didn't want to actually stick on, because that way when the board needs rearranging I'd have to remove and lose the sticker. I left the back on the sticker and actually put small teeny pieces of tacky putty on different spots all over the backing on the sticker. That keeps it on the board, but I can move it any time to rearrange. Maybe that would work for Pluto!

Congrats! That's a lovely package!!
When it comes to putting your sticker on your board, I have a suggestion. I've got a beautiful Moana sticker that I didn't want to actually stick on, because that way when the board needs rearranging I'd have to remove and lose the sticker. I left the back on the sticker and actually put small teeny pieces of tacky putty on different spots all over the backing on the sticker. That keeps it on the board, but I can move it any time to rearrange. Maybe that would work for Pluto!
This is perfect advice, ty for the heads up :) Planning on using this method

Yay! I’m so glad you liked it!!! You mentioned somewhere in the forum that you planned to get it eventually so I figured I’d save you the trouble! <3
Omg I was so stunned when I opened it! The Jawa pin is better than I could have imagined!!! Thank you again Maia you are too awesome for this!

Back