• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

IE 10 and Windows 8 issues

IE 10 and Windows 8 issues

jeffpriz

bona fide pater familias
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I primarily use Win8 on my computer and tablet... most things on the forum work fine, until it comes time to post something. The Edit box doesn't seem to like IE10 very well. When typing in the edit box you can type letters/characters, but it seems to ignore the Enter/Return key, which makes it impossible to format a post.

Things work well enough in Chrome, just seems to be an IE10 compatibility issue.

this is odd; since the most recent forum software update addresses IE compatibility issues.

any other IE/W8 users having any similar issues?

Me too, IE 10 on Windows 7 - Firefox works correctly. I saw several, posts on the vBulletin website on this topic too.

Looks like it works now - unless I select Compatibility mode

Last edited:
typing this in IE 10 under Win 8.. it sill won't let me use the Return key to insert a line.. If I put IE10 in Compatibility mode it gets worse. I have 3 Win 8 computers that I've tried this on (including my tablet) and they all exhibit the same issue. I can use Chrome on my laptop and desktop.... can't on the tablet though. I've tried both the desktop IE10 and the "Modern"/"Metro" IE 10 in Win 8 and they both behave the same way.

Back