• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Illuminations Passholder pin with typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illuminations Passholder pin with typo?

Baylaker09

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new here but thought this seemed like a great place to ask this question. I bought a Passholder Farewell Illuminations pin at Epcot Pin Traders today. When I got home I realized that the letter "a" in "Farewell" at top is missing. First I thought it was by design -- perhaps Figment had "stolen" it -- but when I checked online for photos I saw that the "a" is supposed to be there. The letter doesn't seem to be rubbed off, it's just not printed at all. Do I have a quirky collectible on my hands or just a total lemon?

I believe what you have is called an 'error' pin (I trust no further explanation is required?), but without seeing a picture, I can't be 100% certain. As far as desirability, it's definitely in the eye of the collector. Some people collect error pins and would want it, other people are OCD about their pins being as close to perfect as possible and would consider it a lemon.

I believe what you have is called an 'error' pin (I trust no further explanation is required?), but without seeing a picture, I can't be 100% certain. As far as desirability, it's definitely in the eye of the collector. Some people collect error pins and would want it, other people are OCD about their pins being as close to perfect as possible and would consider it a lemon.
Thank you! That is very helpful.

There are some people who collect error pins, but something like that (one part of the pin has printing missing) is probably a more common type of error and would most likely be a turn off for general pin traders (the ones that want their pins to be as perfect as they can be) rather than a bonus.

If it's for your own collection and you don't mind it, then that's great and a neat find. If you got it with trading in mind, it might be worth it to bring it back and see if you can exchange it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back