• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Info Wanted On "Gemrocks" From Disneyland, Circa 1957

Status
Not open for further replies.
Info Wanted On "Gemrocks" From Disneyland, Circa 1957

RZT

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

EDIT: Post title should read "Jemrocks" not "Gemrocks"

First post here.

I have a box of 24 crystals & minerals that was purchased at Disneyland around 1957. I have searched Google, eBay, etc. and found NOTHING about these.

Was wondering if anyone has any info on these: date sold, history, value, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:
This goes more into detail of the item in question you are describing. It seems Jemrocks had a shop on Main Street for two years when the park opened before it was replaced with something else in 58. Ultimately it reminds me of the mineral kits you find at other theme parks/science center souvineer shops but it would probably have a bit of value to the Disneyland collector; though the last mineral listed(Uranium) gives me pause...

DIsneyland Jemrocks, ca 1957, From "Jemrocks Assay Office" - MiceChat

This goes more into detail of the item in question you are describing. It seems Jemrocks had a shop on Main Street for two years when the park opened before it was replaced with something else in 58. Ultimately it reminds me of the mineral kits you find at other theme parks/science center souvineer shops but it would probably have a bit of value to the Disneyland collector; though the last mineral listed(Uranium) gives me pause...

DIsneyland Jemrocks, ca 1957, From "Jemrocks Assay Office" - MiceChat

Did you notice the MiceChat's poster's username and this one. :)

Jemrocks is one of those Disney places that shows up on the Disneyland guidebooks as having existed but that's about it. Someone on that MiceChat thread quoted the Disneyland Encyclopedia snippet, so you already saw how little info that had. I think you are having a problem finding information, because there simply is no information out there to be had.

The only possible suggestion I have, outside of contacting the Disney Archives (although, I doubt they have any real records because that store pre-dated the founding of the Archives, and with staff turnover, I doubt anyone there now knows anything ) is if you are aware of the Disney Artists Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily, they are big fans of "old school Disneyland." Although, there interests are more Adventureland. But they have had opportunity to hunt around in the Archives and have found references to rather obscure Disneyland stuff before. Kevin has a Facebook page. He may know nothing, but he may know someone who knows something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back