• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is the "DSF pins euphoria" the New Disney Auction pins fever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the "DSF pins euphoria" the New Disney Auction pins fever?

PRCYR04

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
hi there: Is it me or each time is more difficult to get DSF pins? It look like the old days when Disney Auction pins were released in limited quantities and everybody look like "cannibals " to get them. I know that Disney Store do not release new pins but what is the limit? How long will it last? I hope not long because my pocket is getting empty quickly.

It's sad if that's the case because it's not fair to the people who don't live in California near the store. At least with DA and DS you got the chance to buy the pins if you were willing to get up early and buy them. With the DSF pins, those of us who live somewhere else don't even have a chance and are at the mercy of the scalpers. And they are scalping really good for the pins lately.

It's a false hype situation- people holding them and claiming they're worth more than they are.

Just relax- most of them you can order for yourself from DSF after a week or two, and if they sell out, just wait, and the price will drop eventually. If everyone freaks out and ACTS like they're gold, then prices will go up, and all for nothing.

It's a false hype situation- people holding them and claiming they're worth more than they are.

Just relax- most of them you can order for yourself from DSF after a week or two, and if they sell out, just wait, and the price will drop eventually. If everyone freaks out and ACTS like they're gold, then prices will go up, and all for nothing.

+1,000,000 <3 <3 <3

Abyssinian28 said:

I thought dsf wasn't taking phone orders anymore? Are they still doing that?

I wish this was true- I go to like all the DSF releases and I'm sitting on a ton of pins from nearly a year ago.

Sure some to AWESOME but only a set or two here and there.

Marvel comics?
YEA for the Disney pin nuts AND the comic book fans?
Books? yea they're a more higher quality pin imo

Tickets?
Eggs?
Monkeys?
Reels?
Nightmare?

I'm sitting on a lot of money and uncomfortable sleep (not really since we are the tent sleepers- but you get my point)
I wasn't trading when auctions was opened
but I find DSF a whole different ballpark

It's sad if that's the case because it's not fair to the people who don't live in California near the store. At least with DA and DS you got the chance to buy the pins if you were willing to get up early and buy them. With the DSF pins, those of us who live somewhere else don't even have a chance and are at the mercy of the scalpers. And they are scalping really good for the pins lately.

Not sure how "fair" plays into it. Is it "unfair" we can't buy UK pins or Paris pins? What about WDW releases? I can somewhat understand the complaint about high resale prices but one cannot forget the extra cost and time it takes to get DSf pins. Parking , gas, etc add up. Let alone that you generally are missing a day of work just to get them.

The reason they've gone up in popularity is that there are much fewer sources for new quality pins. Plus they've been sticking to popular themes, characters etc.

I wish this was true- I go to like all the DSF releases and I'm sitting on a ton of pins from nearly a year ago.

I'm sitting on a lot of money and uncomfortable sleep (not really since we are the tent sleepers- but you get my point)

Yeah, exactly. I mean, there will always be high-demand pins, whether they're released at DSF, Paris, the parks, or DS.com. And they'll always be LE 300 pins- but I have LE 250 and LE 100 pins I've had for years that are still with me, like you said. :) It doesn't automatically make them worth the trade value some have assigned to them.

I wouldn't compare them to DA ever, anyway- those pins were in a class of their own, quality and design-wise.

I thought dsf wasn't taking phone orders anymore? Are they still doing that?

News to me if they aren't- last one I did was a little while ago, though...maybe around Christmas?

Last edited:
Lots of us in Southern California are not willing to wait 14 hours over night in Hollywood for pins from DSF. So just because we live here it does not mean that we can get them.

Yeah, exactly. I mean, there will always be high-demand pins, whether they're released at DSF, Paris, the parks, or DS.com. And they'll always be LE 300 pins- but I have LE 250 and LE 100 pins I've had for years that are still with me, like you said. :) It doesn't automatically make them worth the trade value some have assigned to them.

I wouldn't compare them to DA ever, anyway- those pins were in a class of their own, quality and design-wise.

News to me if they aren't- last one I did was a little while ago, though...maybe around Christmas?
Perhaps it was just luck, but I got Beloved Tales Beauty and the Beast for a very recent DSF pin . I'm one of the lucky few that has a very generous member in Hollywood and I really appreciate her kindness . She never asks for extra, but I throw her $20.00 extra especially on pins like the storybook pins plus I zapped her with a new DCL pin from The Fantasy and 2 other surprises . In case she's lurking . :lol: I'm really hoping for my Brave set for my birthday . :anxious:

No as most drop down in price in time and some are worth a pretty penny depends really plus more DSF pins can be found more easy then say most DA Le 100's

Well said DSF pins can not meet up to DA pins no matter how hard most folks make them look

Sometimes I think about my trip to California in the summer of 2009. How I went to DSF in the late afternoon. And how I easily bought the LE 300 Carl pin, LE 300 Dug pin, and Robin Hood Beloved Tales from off the rack where they were hanging with about 30 more of their identical buddies. Was it a dream?

Lots of us in Southern California are not willing to wait 14 hours over night in Hollywood for pins from DSF. So just because we live here it does not mean that we can get them.

This so hard. Never mind that

Also to everyone that complains about how So. Cal. Gets all the good pins, WDW gets more events, more park releases, and more PTNs. DLR gets more PTN exclusive pins, Japan gets all those fun pins that come out for a limited time, and Hong Kong Pins are just rare as heck. Every area, every park, get something different. We have DSF (and I guess Mickey's of Glendale but you usually have to know CM's to get in there, so I hardly count it.)

This would be my answer as well.

We all have to have something to get hysterical over. I am bummed they don't do the DA pins any longer, I think it is retarded they split a lot of releases between DL and WDW (what's the point of trying to trade with the other park if they both get the same pins), Japan has pretty much retired to the grave yard, and Hong Kong hasn't really come on line to the pin trading thing. So, yea, in a way DSF is the new drug for pin addicts. At least they keep it interesting by releasing low edition sizes, but at the same time trying to trade LE 150 pins is pointless when there aren't pins of comparable edition size being released somewhere else. The first years of pin trading were much better even if the edition sizes were a bit higher. I remember when having an LE 500 meant something.

Marvel comics?

Tickets?
Eggs?
Monkeys?
Reels?
Nightmare?

If you have so many DSF pins, why are they not on your trades list? In fact, you're only trading 1 pin right now.

Sometimes I think about my trip to California in the summer of 2009. How I went to DSF in the late afternoon. And how I easily bought the LE 300 Carl pin, LE 300 Dug pin, and Robin Hood Beloved Tales from off the rack where they were hanging with about 30 more of their identical buddies. Was it a dream?

When you think of that, I think about the trip to DSF in December 2010 to watch Tangled at El Capitan. And how I could have gotten the last Marquee. And 7 of those Rapunzel & Flynn tied up with Rapunzel's hair in the chair pin (a friend had purchased one, but there were four of us). Wish we could turn back time?!

The Tangled pins didnt sell out right away either, there was no line up for them, & I was able to get an extra Maximus two weeks after it came out! The stained glass one was there for a long time actually & I think it may have even been marked down. This camping out the night before for every pin release is crazy! Oh how I miss the days of strolling into DSF in the afternoon/evening of a pin release & picking up pins, having dinner, & walking around Hollywood Blvd.

When you think of that, I think about the trip to DSF in December 2010 to watch Tangled at El Capitan. And how I could have gotten the last Marquee. And 7 of those Rapunzel & Flynn tied up with Rapunzel's hair in the chair pin (a friend had purchased one, but there were four of us). Wish we could turn back time?!

Marvel comics?

Tickets?
Eggs?
Monkeys?
Reels?
Nightmare?

LOL...i am sure i am not the only one ready to help take sum NBC pins off your hands....

Marvel comics?

Tickets?
Eggs?
Monkeys?
Reels?
Nightmare?

As others have asked....how can you trade them if you don't have them listed on Pin Pics?

Maybe they don't trade like LEs from other sources, but they did cost less, so why not trade for LE1000s, which would be might appeal to more people?

I have been lucky to find a couple of CA traders who take this attitude toward their DSF pins, and I was able to work out wonderful multi-trades -- on my side, some of my pins were lower LEs, but others were LE1000-1500, and we worked it out.

Of course, once again, if you're not trading but two pins on PinPics (and neither are DSF), I am not surprised that you are "sitting on pins from last year."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back