• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
I am going to be in WDW last week of September and I would love to purchase some of the 40th anniversary pins.

Just now, I have heard from Margaret (swim2sea) that they will be an early release during the Room for 1 More Event.

That is a totally bummer for me, because I am not going to Room for 1 More and few DPF members are relying on me to get some of those 40th pins.

Also, is there a different event with admission and all on 10/01 as well ? Or is it just a generally festive time for WDW due to the anniversary?

Does anyone know where these pins will be released? Epcot, WDW, DTD ??? I understand there will be some signing in MK, but I just want to get the pins at this point.

The pins can be seen here:

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/eventPins?id=59197

Any info is much much much appreciated.

Last edited:
i asked and apparently they are turning a restaurant in magic kingdom in to this cool store(i think is just for a limited time only, then go back to restaurant) where they'll have exclusive frames with pins and other cool things, also everything that doesn't sell at room for 1 more will be send just to this location. i think the restaurant have the word "horse shoe" or something like that in the name. anyways, so make sure you there early, there is a line expected to form outside. :)

have fun.

Thanks Juan,

Yes, I know that restaurant, it was closed for renovation I think. Diamond Horse Shoe salon. What a big bummer, I am planning on being in Epcot that day, hubby wants to be at the food festival and we are not getting park hopper tix.

I am still hoping that they will be released in Epcot too without the signing event of course.

Last edited:
Don't you wish Disney would let you run into the park to purchase something then walk back out?
That would be amazing for people who don't have park hoppers. *_*

Me too! Well, I don't have an annual pass but my father gets in 6 people on his main gate pass.
The great thing about having someone who works on property is you can send them to run into wherever to buy whatever.

I wish I could go for the day but my sister is having surgery and I'm her take to the hospital person and pick up person since she isn't married. She is also my best friend and I'm worried for her. She insists that I can go, but she is more important than the pins. But my friend is going and getting the pins for me. So all is not lost:) It's so nice to have wonderful friends. I'm guessing they will all sell out very quickly. Good luck to all of us.

Thanks to the input from Margaret and Juan I figured some stuff out. Also thanks to a loving compromise from hubby (translation: he gave into my mix of threats and excessive whining ;)), I will be able to attend the 40th pin sale. I am so happy AND I will finally get to meet Juan (simbanino) too.

I so hope that I can get the pins others wanted. I will take few pics and post them when we get back.

Special thanks to Samantha (smiele23) for offering to take the day off from work so she could go to get pins for me. Samantha - I hope that you can come so I can meet you too.

Only 3-4 days left, I can't wait!

Thanks to the input from Margaret and Juan I figured some stuff out. Also thanks to a loving compromise from hubby (translation: he gave into my mix of threats and excessive whining ;)), I will be able to attend the 40th pin sale. I am so happy AND I will finally get to meet Juan (simbanino) too.

I so hope that I can get the pins others wanted. I will take few pics and post them when we get back.

Special thanks to Samantha (smiele23) for offering to take the day off from work so she could go to get pins for me. Samantha - I hope that you can come so I can meet you too.

Only 3-4 days left, I can't wait!

OMG, so happy that you going to make it, and yeah, samantha is a sweet heart, i had the pleasure to meet her, and i hope you do get that pleasure as well. :)

stay safe till then and have a wonderful day. :)

I just booked my room!!! I am hoping to meet up with Joni(Blacksmoke) and hopefully will see some of you at the Horseshoe as well!!

I'll be wearing a DPF Lanyard and a Snow White t-shirt. We won't be there until the afternoon.

Laz, I may get to finally meet you!!!!

OMG, so many DPF members will be there. so exciting...
also, am i the only one who is taking my pin bags, or any of you guys are doing the same, i mean i am not taking all my pins, but i will be taking at least 2 pin bags in case there is an opportunity to trade(you know us and pin traders, trying to find an excuse to trade all the time).

OMG, so many DPF members will be there. so exciting...
also, am i the only one who is taking my pin bags, or any of you guys are doing the same, i mean i am not taking all my pins, but i will be taking at least 2 pin bags in case there is an opportunity to trade(you know us and pin traders, trying to find an excuse to trade all the time).

Sadly, I don't have enough traders yet :/

:sigh: no DPF lanyard here :(

Juan and I were thinking it is best to go as early as possible, probably right around MK's opening time.

I pretty much look like my pic too, maybe I'll just wear a small label on my lanyard with "DPF" on it. We will also be wearing those cheesy anniversary buttons as we are celebrating our 10th anniversary during this trip.

I am not planning on bringing pins with me as we have to pay for our suitcases and I am hoping to have lots of pins on the way back. My daughter might have few dinky things on her lanyard for playsies, but that is all.

Last edited:
I'll be there wearing my old dizpins lanyard staying at POP and will have my red sox pictures on lanyard holder below and will have my red sox pin attached to either my shirt/hat if its not the 1st i may have on a red sox disney shirt!

:sigh: no DPF lanyard here :(

Juan and I were thinking it is best to go as early as possible, probably right around MK's opening time.

I pretty much look like my pic too, maybe I'll just wear a small label on my lanyard with "DPF" on it. We will also be wearing those cheesy anniversary buttons as we are celebrating our 10th anniversary during this trip.

I am not planning on bringing pins with me as we have to pay for our suitcases and I am hoping to have lots of pins on the way back. My daughter might have few dinky things on her lanyard for playsies, but that is all.

yes, Selene and i were planning to get to magic kingdom as early as 9 am(well that is the plan) to get in line since i heard of several people going to this "event" plus these pins are already being Pre-release at the "room for 1 more" event so the amount of these pins available on october 1st will be less, how less? not sure, but this is a big deal, it is the 40th anniversary of WDW so i am expecting people to buy pins for their cousins, and their cousins cousins, and the cousins, cousins cousins of their cousins; or just to put them for sale on ebay for double the price. well that is my opinion but you never know, we'll just have to see. i don't need any of these pins but i am buying some for trading or just to help people that couldn't go, so i am going to be there early to try to get the pins they asked me to get them. :)

what times you guys planning on getting there?

I'll be there wearing my old dizpins lanyard staying at POP and will have my red sox pictures on lanyard holder below and will have my red sox pin attached to either my shirt/hat if its not the 1st i may have on a red sox disney shirt!

We are in POP too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back