• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Quasimodo

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Released October 2013 in anticipation of the ride's 50th anniversary:

Released April 2014 to commemorate the 50th anniversary:

Along with the dolls, there were 6 pushies. The first wave had Africa's hippo, China's panda, Brasil's jaguar, and France's poodle. In the second wave came Argentina's horse and Australia's kangaroo.

The dolls sing "it's a small world" in both English and their native language. The original plan was to release more countries every year, but so far we've only seen the first wave of 7 dolls and a "teaser" of 2 dolls to commence the anniversary.

There was also a full color book released with the collection that included a CD featuring the song.

Holland was the only doll from the first wave not to be sold in the parks.

During the anniversary, the Disney Store had sing alongs, during which they gave out colorful flags, activity sheets, and stickers, which can be seen here:

More info preceding the release can be read here:
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...er-products-annual-holiday-preview-party.aspx

Last edited:
Judging by that Flickr pic there are only 7, which is too bad because I would've liked to see some of the boys. This is a great idea though and I never would've thought of it. Can't wait to collect them
all!

Thank you for posting this, finally some context. I saw these dolls floating around and I thought they might be LE or something. I am so getting them, BUT there is a lot of doll merch this year so they may have to wait a little while. I hope they stay available as long as the regular animators did (or are if you step into my local DS).

I'm in love with these dolls! I think I like them much better than the princesses, to be honest. I have the Mary Osmond porcelain dolls of the British, French, and Hawaiian dolls and I'd love to get the bigger counter parts for my collection. :)

I'm gonna be the first to say I don't really like them :s Their faces are a bit off (the mouths I think) and they're such a random choice!
They're gonna be great collectibles for the people who collect dolls/Small World/ride merch, but I think as a whole they won't sell great. They're toys, first and foremost, and I can't see kids going for these in the same way they do for the Princess dolls. I just don't think they'd be chosen over more popular, established classic characters.

9133724016_9a7d4c9b11_o.jpg

I think these will actually sell pretty well. I would have loved them as a child. Here is what I'm thinking:

1) They are kind of like American Girls (only cuter IMO), and those sell like hotcakes

2) These have dolls from countries not often given in American merch

3) Small World is popular right now, think of the rent Lesportsac purses

4) They are "rare" characters so more collectors will be inclined to buy (unlike the princesses which get constant march, and have non-DS toddler dolls right now)

I, too, wonder how successful these will be, but then ladyroselie made some great points. Most dolls' origins are obvious, but can anyone tell where the redhead is from? I can picture her in the ride (she's all by herself), but I've never been able to make out her nationality. I love the Dutch girl the most right now, mostly because her hair color makes her stand out most. And then I wonder why they went for plastic hair instead of yarn. They probably tried both and this looked better. Hopefully these do well enough that they make more one day.

Oh my goodness everyone! Go check out: Holly's doll blog: https://www.facebook.com/HollysDollys for photos of the new Princess Animators dolls. I love the new Snow White and Belle. I thought they would just be covered in glitter (and they are somewhat, but in nice patterns like the Classic dolls for 2013) but their clothes are actually changed and Belle has her yellow dress.

To the OP, could we maybe make this a general DAC discussion thread? Don't want to be OT, and I just love this line. :)

Ok, so I try to avoid this ride like the plague simply because of how that song gets stuck in your head for like a year...but I LOVE the Cancan girls simply because I have always loved the French Cancan. BUT! I have to admit...one of my all time favorites is the broken hula dancer that only moves one hip up, almost like she's saying, "Eh, I've been doing this for years. Let the other girls do all the work." I don't really have a place for them in my collection, but were they smaller little dolls, I would so totally buy those two.

They are really cute dolls. I would love to pick up at least two.

A video of them in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmrIR-Lnmso

Their voices are all different, they even have accents. That is so cute! I love them, I can't wait ^^ I thought these might be a later purchase for me but they have just moved into the top tier. I am getting France and Hawai'i first, than Japan and the Dutch girl (so late, can't think which country is she from, Holland?), then Britian, India, Africa.

Wow, thanks so much for sharing that video! I was already obsessed, so this didn't help, lol. I think I'm starting to like them more than the princess DAC dolls :eek2:

The Indian doll's voice is so cute. I didn't really get to hear the Africa doll or the British doll. I'm holding on to the hope that they might be boys. They don't have as much eyelashes as the others, and I was always certain the beefeater was a boy in the ride and all the merch released.

I really like their accents, it gives them a unique touch. And it seems like they have rooted eyelashes. Also, does anyone think the stands will be included? They look similar to the stands for the LE dolls, so it could be a possibility. It would make them much more like collector dolls, which would be amazing.

It seems like they have rooted eyelashes.

I've been thinking that ever since I saw them in pix. They do, right?

I'm not sure about the doll stands, but you're not the first to think that they might be included since they resemble the LE doll stands. I'm doubtful, but it would definitely be a cool idea, and it would explain the price hike from the DAC dolls and talking Boo doll. Boo was the same as Merida and everyone else, so...

And I just realized why they show those stuffed animals at the end. They're also from the ride. I don't remember the poodle (I'm assuming France?), but that hippo is totally familiar from the African section.

I don't think these will be sold in Disney Stores. Maybe on the website, but mostly in the parks. I don't think they would do too well in store, but who knows! Personally I would love to see them there, it provides a taste of the park as well as some diversity! :) They're cute but they're not for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back