It’s PINfuriating when....

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by ItzaPinfan, Aug 7, 2019.

1. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Misery loves company so add yours here and let’s have some laughs and groans together...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  2. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

...you find a chaser hidden Mickey, but it’s flawed....:-/
    [​IMG]

MischiefMade and Purplemandms like this.
  3. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

.....there's 16+ different pieces of Disney merch you want but you have no money to buy them. And also when pins you bought months ago you suddenly realize are fake.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Oh gosh that first part is me 10000% with all the new splash merchandise. I keep telling myself “I don’t need it I don’t need it”

5. Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

You live in the UK and see some awesome pins released in the USA, knowing full well you'll never get to see/own them:(

6. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

..when one attempts to trade for the same HM's 5 times with miscellaneous traders at the picnic tables at Disneyland, and gets turned down all 5 times.

... when one is finding more and more counterfeit LE's (dssh and WDI) in trader books.

... when traders are asking $100 in Value for fantasy pins, and one will not trade AUTHENTIC Disney pins for FP's

These are all signs that it's time to return to the basics of pin trading.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

7. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

...when someone reaches out to you on PinPics for a trade and proceeds to never respond afterwards.

...when people value their pins at 200x market value and only want LE 100s for trade.

8. DiamondDollJeanette

DiamondDollJeanette Active Member

0   0   0

When you want to trade with someone here but when you go to their PinPics profile and find you have nothing they want.

momin.ator likes this.
  9. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

When sellers or traders don't disclose that their pins come from a smoking environment. Just received two pins that I had wanted for a very long time, opened up the LBE with excitement but only to get a huge whiff of stale smoke in my face. And I can smell it on the pins too! Any way to "clean" the pins without harming them? Water doesn't seem to be enough.

10. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Oh that's horrible! Luckily I've never gotten any pins like that but ew....

11. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Oh man....maybe put them in a ziplock with a dryer sheet for like a week?

12. Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ew! That’s really unfortunate. I second the dryer sheet in a baggy theory. Or try leaving them in an area that gets plenty of fresh air (garage or similar), but that’ll take quite a while. Hopefully the pins were in good shape at the very least.

13. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    176   0   0

Washing with a baking soda and water solution to remove any residue, and then ziploc + dryer sheet has worked well for me. I kept mine in the bag for a month. But I was also doing a cloth lanyard (worked on that too).

14. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    176   0   0

The funny thing is that my friend had also traded for one of Minnies that looks like this. She had taken it home, and looked at it several times before she realized the pink in the ear. Then she took it back to Disneyland when she was there either 8/2 or 8/5 (I don't know what day). So we're wondering if you traded for her pin.

ItzaPinfan likes this.
  15. DiamondDollJeanette

DiamondDollJeanette Active Member

0   0   0

- When you finally get some hands some Duffy and friends pins in a trade, only to find out when you get home they are fake.

- When your father still doesn't get how to spot scrapper and the pins he trades have the most obvious bad waffling ever.
    This is why I don't let you trade alone, Dad.

16. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

... you're looking for a simple park OE for once, and it turns out to be surprisingly hard to find.

halloweenfiend and Mike_Mouse like this.
  17. Happily Ever After

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Which one would that be?? I don’t have nearly as many pins as most - but I’ve been relatively recently and picked up some OE’s. :)

18. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

I have luck at the hotels for those...lol...

Happily Ever After likes this.
  19. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

I've been trying to track down the newest Art of Animation Resort pin, but so far no dice.

That's what's funny. Our wonderful resident wizard Merlin even went to the hotel itself for me and didn't see it. It seems to have vanished from all the usual spots.

20. Happily Ever After

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dang, sorry! I did grab a few resort pins when I went, but only for resorts I stayed at and Art of Animation wasn’t one of them. Good luck!

LittleBird likes this.
  21. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    176   0   0

I don't know why, but this happens. I was after the "Belle sitting and reading a book" pin. The app said all of these stores had it. Went to the stores, nope! Finally, last day, the shop in Mexico, on the water side had it. Fast Forward to the next trip, and the next 3 trips...all over the place.

22. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

Thank you!

That's what I predict will happen with this one. They'll restock and suddenly they'll be a dime a dozen. Right now the only listing on eBay is for $45 and just... no.

ItzaPinfan likes this.
  23. SwindonTinkerbell

SwindonTinkerbell Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

when all your friends and family are talking about their next disney trip and you can't go with them as you can't afford it

akarih likes this.
  24. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

This!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

25. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Me: Firmly tells a trader exactly what kind of pin you want for your pin...
    Them: Proceeds to show you their pins that don't contain any of those items and then is mad when you turn them down...