June 2019 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by akarih, Jun 1, 2019.

1. akarih

akarih Resident Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

All right everybody! Thought I'd do a little diary of our trip like mischiefmade did in case anybody is still interested. A little background first, it's been 8 years since my family last took a Disney trip, and this time they let the teen plan it so I've spent the last year obsessively planning this because I'm a control freak(I'm working on it). Our flight to MCO is tonight, it gets in around 10 and then ME to WL is tomorrow morning! I'll maybe post my first thoughts getting into Orlando if I'm not too exhausted but I'll definitely start tomorrow if not tonight. So excited!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Most important, have a great time!!!!

3. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    393   0   0

I'll be looking for your report!:cheshire:

4. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Have a great trip!

5. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

All right! Landed in MCO about an hour and a half ago, took shuttle to airport hotel, ready for Wilderness Lodge checkin tomorrow! It's surprisingly not too humid and hot but it is night so that's not saying much. I also discovered my new talent, spotting Disney merch on other travellers! And here's a pretty plane photo because... well because it's pretty.[​IMG]

6. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hopped onto a shuttle from the hampton inn near MCO, easiest trip ever. ME checkin was a breeze, so easy and quick. I made you all proud and aced the trivia lol. And we got our room ready early and facing MK from WL! We're here we're here we're here! We'll be off to Disney Springs soon for pin trading and Morimoto Asia dinner![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Off to a great start!

8. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

My first time pin trading! A DMR and a new HM![​IMG]

9. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Another first: dole whip! Pretty good, not sure it lives up to the hype but yuuuum. I'm gonna have to try it with the pineapple cake at MK tomorrow....[​IMG]

10. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Went to Poly for Dole Whip and did some pin trading and lunch at Captain Cook's. Then I went pin trading at DS and had dinner there at Morimoto Asia. Dinner was delicious, shoutout to our super knowledgable server Yuan! Dragged my brother around 16 stores so I could pin trade and I honestly found more elsewhere than I did at Pin Central. Got a couple fakes for my real pins and then traded those away for some real ones but still ended up with a couple fakes. In addition to the first two, I also got these four! I showed more restraint than ever before in my life, I didn't buy ANYTHING yet! That restraint's going out the window tomorrow at MK but that's tomorrow.... gonna watch the Electrical Water Pageant from the balcony/pool and then wake up bright and early tomorrow for MK![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Glad you're having a good time. I always find a lot of nothing at pin traders. :D Nice choice for dinner with Morimoto's. I recommend trying the peking duck next time. But looks like you got the hot stone bowl which is one of my favorites at all his places.

12. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    525   0   0

Looks great! Hope you're having a fantastic time

13. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Have an amazing time; while I'm looking forward to a detailed report, it can wait until you get home (and have slept/recovered from your magical holiday). Enjoy Disney World while you're there and tell us about it when you get back.

On a side note about the Dole Whips ... I don't know if you're aware, but there are more flavors than just the traditional pineapple. I don't know which ones you've found, but to my latest knowledge, you can find the following flavors in addition to traditional Pineapple:

Orange
    Lemon
    Raspberry
    Mango
    Lime

I also would suggest trying a Citrus Swirl at the MK, perhaps that will be more to your liking.

14. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

I hope you are having and amazing time and definitely go for the Citrus Swirl! I am working on my trip report still, but I am enjoying yours very much and I can't wait to see what you have to say about it all!

15. carinasthingamabobs

carinasthingamabobs Member

0   0   0

Hope you’re enjoying MK! Usually at every merchant they have a pin board or book at the register. Just ask and they’ll bring it out for you! I just went last weekend and I believe there’s a pretty big one at the Pirates of the Caribbean store when you get off the ride!

Happy trading

-Carina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thanks, I'm just about to get on Pirates actually so perfect timing!

17. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

If you like pin trading check and see if they still have the pin trading activities at 10, 12, 2, and 4 in the Magic Kingdom. On the side of the Town Theater (exit of where you meet Mickey), there is a little garden area. They had managers and cast members come and pin trade at 10. At 12 the Frontier Trading Post has a Pin Trading Post. At 2, Storybook Circus store has a color pin board where you spin a color wheel and choose a pin from the color section where you land. At 4, the store by Mickey’s Philarmagic has Trading. I traded at the first three but not the last one. A cast member told me locations when I asked on my trip at the end of April.

krand1276 and Snow7 like this.
  18. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

@Carina thanks for the PoC pin board tip! Look what I scored, LR marathon 2019![​IMG]

19. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Great Find! Also Tony's Town Square has a Pin Trading Board! I tried for it but they were getting it refreshed and we didn't want to wait around.

20. carinasthingamabobs

carinasthingamabobs Member

0   0   0

Awesome! The one under it of Ariel’s castle is super cool too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Quick trading tip, the Jewelry Store on Main Street has a pin box with a lot of amazing pins! They are mystery though... I found an LE 1500!

carinasthingamabobs likes this.
  22. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

@akarih You, young person, get extra pixie dust for posting food pix. Best trip report ever!!!!! ;)

Hope you are having a magical day!

23. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It's my generation's sworn duty I also got a purple wall instagram photo for my non existent instagram to keep with tradition.

24. akarih

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Off to AK today! I'll save the report for when I get back but FOP gets its own post...

Shelterkat and Ajk like this.
  25. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Such an awesome ride. You’re going to have a great time! Try the slush drink with popping bubbles they sell near the store exit (can’t recall the name at the moment).