Kittens! Kittens! Kittens!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by krand1276, Jun 17, 2020.

1. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

So, I've always wanted to foster kittens. Last month, our local Humane Society put out a notice that they were in need of foster parents, so I took it as a sign! We signed up for either a mother with kittens or kittens old enough to feed themselves.

Well, we got our first litter yesterday. Sweet (tiny) momma with 5 kittens. Momma is an absolute lover, almost attention starved. The babies are still very small and don't move around much. One is grey and the other 4 are black (one appears to be a tuxedo). Mom looks a lot like Mittens from Bolt. My husband is just smitten with her.

Just wanted to share the fun. I'll post more photos as they get older and more active.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  2. khossler

khossler If I go, there's just no telling how far I'll go!

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Oh my gosh!!! How precious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krand1276 likes this.
  3. Haunted575

Haunted575 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Did you give them names? Is Sweet the momma's name?

I would love an attention starved cat! Our rescue cat Jingles is more like a roommate who comes and goes (indoor/outdoor cat) as he pleases...

krand1276 and khossler like this.
  4. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

My bottle baby is 8 weeks old today and going to her new home Saturday![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

5. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Hmm, I don't know if I'm supposed to give them names. Mom cat came with the name Momma Lewis because she came from Lewis county. The kittens came as kitten 1, kitten 2, etc. It will be interesting to see their personalities as they grow!

Momma cat is just so very sweet!

Connies_Hobby and Haunted575 like this.
  6. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Omg, that is such an adorable face! She's grown so much!

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  7. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Oh man! So much cuteness!!

8. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

FWIW, a coworker of mine fosters and she names hers. Not sure they keep the names when they leave, but she likes to do it. I presume it's an "up to you" sort of thing.

krand1276 likes this.
  9. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Too cute. We need a section to show off pets. I love animals, but have a soft spot for black and white cats. Those cats could be related to my Fluffy. She’s a tiny black and white cat.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    krand1276 likes this.
  10. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    123   0   0

OMGosh - she does look like Mittens from Bolt! Sooooo sweet!!!!

krand1276 likes this.
  11. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

They're moving a little now. As far as we can see, there's a grey one with white feet, two tuxedos (one with white on the face, one without), and it kind of looks like the other two are completely black for now. It's be interesting to see if we can tell those two apart in the future.[​IMG][​IMG]

12. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Too cute for words! Keep those photos (and updates) coming! I think it's absolutely wonderful that you're fostering and giving those adorable fur babies the (temporary) good home they deserve!

Connies_Hobby and krand1276 like this.
  13. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

So, the kittens are moving around a little bit. Most of their eyes are open. I also tried to see if they were male or female yesterday. If I read them right, one girl (the tuxedo with the white face) and four boys! I'll check again in a few weeks to see if I saw that correctly. My husband says that they look like baby ewoks.

Mom is still being super sweet. She greets us each time we come into the room and wants pets and attention. She seems to trust us with the babies. We let the dog come and look (from a distance) at her and the babies for about 2 minutes so the dog could understand what is going on. She was fine with it and the dog is very excited (she loves cats).

We can hear at least one of the kittens purring when they're nursing. Mom purrs the whole time, but there's a tiny purr that joins her.

I've kind of started on names for them. It started with momma cat and then some of the names filled in. I hope you guys don't think it too corny (and I definitely hope I don't embarrass or offend anyone here), but I kind of chose names after some of your screen names here. I don't have all of them in places yet and I'm not sure who to match with whom, so I'll keep that under wraps for now, but I'll tell you that I've been calling momma cat "Sora Pandora" (Sora, if you don't like that, I can absolutely change it!) My husband and I talked about names and he said something like Sabrina. Momma cat is only about 5 pounds and tiny, so she seemed kind of like a pixie to me, which brought me to Sora's old handle PixiePost and then SoraPandora which has the magical quality my husband was feeling for the cat. Then, some of you have purr-fect names or unusual names that might be fun for them. But again, nothing is set. I can always change the names and their new owner might change the name too.

Anyway, more photos:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

They are adorable! Thank you for fostering them! My little girl just went to her new home :)

Connies_Hobby and krand1276 like this.
  15. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

16. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Figaro Fan >^..^<

Rating - 100%
    159   0   0

Omg this MADE MY DAY!!! Thank you.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

When I see the little grey kitty it makes me think of Sesame Street - One of these things is not like the other.

krand1276 likes this.
  18. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

Thank you for posting this. I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

krand1276 likes this.
  19. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Thank you for posting such cute little kitties! It really brightened up my day

krand1276 likes this.
  20. Dark Rose The Genie

Dark Rose The Genie Member

0   0   0

Cute! I absolutely love cats.

krand1276 likes this.
  21. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Photos from today. Enjoy![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

22. khossler

khossler If I go, there's just no telling how far I'll go!

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I just want to come cuddle all of that sweetness!!!!! They are so cute!!!!

23. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

We took them out of the bathroom for the first time today. They're toddling really well. The tuxedo with the white chin only is a little racer. They wandered around on the bed for a while, met with the dog and a couple of my older cats. Momma Sora was almost happy. She checked at first and then went to spend some "me" time while we played with the kittens.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

24. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

They are so cute. :)

krand1276 likes this.
  25. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

Do I see Foster Dad wearing a GI Joe tee shirt?

Gotta keep those ADORABLE KITTENS in Line. hee.. hee.. hee

Seriously, they look very Happy and Healthy.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

krand1276 likes this.