• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

left sad and upset and disheartened by pin trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's alot of cold mean people out there waiting to take advantage sadly :( For future trades you could always ask politely if the person would be willing to email you a pic of the front and back of the pin :)

Don't give up. There are way more good traders than bad one. The secret to any success is education. So learn about the pins BEFORE you trade. Stick with people on the Boards, they are knowledgable and kind and will help you. Don't let this ruin you a great hobby and the opportunity to make wonderful lifelong friends.

I have a pin off your wants list and I'll be happy to trade with you. Send me a PM.

I can only imagine how frustrating that would be. Don't give up on it all together though. There are some of us out there who are not like that at all. :) I hate that some people just do not care at all about cheating people. :( So sorry that happened to you!

I feel sad for you. Mean people #&$@.

:( For future trades you could always ask politely if the person would be willing to email you a pic of the front and back of the pin :)

Great suggestion. And if they don't send the pics, don't get the pin. It's just so easy to get caught up with pin fever - I know this first hand.

I've only bought on eBay and played "Pin It Forward" here at DPF. I got some scrappers and fakes from eBay. I have not done an actual online pin trade. I think teddy's situation is very sad. :(

Great suggestion. And if they don't send the pics, don't get the pin. It's just so easy to get caught up with pin fever - I know this first hand.

I've only bought on eBay and played "Pin It Forward" here at DPF. I got some scrappers and fakes from eBay. I have not done an actual online pin trade. I think teddy's situation is very sad. :(

Thanks ^_^ I noticed some people do show pics when they offer pins for sale here and on ebay,which is really nice and assuring
I buy on ebay from time to time,but luckily I've not gotten any scrappers *crosses fingers for any future purchases* I tend to stick with members I've traded with or have actually met at Disney trade events ^_^

Yeah it's a really sad situation,and I really hope teddy changes their mind about trading :(

Did you go back to the trader and express your concerns? How long has it been since the trade occurred? I STRONGLY recommend that you pursue this. Go back to the trader and tell them just what you said here. Tell them that you were new and just learned what scrappers were and see now that they sent you bad pins. If they won't trade back, take it to Pinpics. If they won't make it right then they shouldn't be welcome on Pinpics.

SCRAPPERS SUCK!

But on the other hand...

PIN TRADING ROCKS!! :)

Don't let this one experience put you off Sabrina.

I have never made a trade on pinpics, I always do it on here and I have had over 40 wonderful and fantastic trades!! :)

If someone does send you a scrapper or the pin is not as described then ask them to send your pin back. You should just be able to cross out your address and put *return to sender* on the front of the envelope so you don't incur more charges.

Hope you have a pintastic pin trading experience in the near future.

Martin :) :)

I really hate to do this but I think at this point you need to take this situation as a lesson learned and move forward. PinPics specifically tells you to be careful trading online and it is at your own risk. While I think that this is totally crappy for you I'm afraid that the only recourse you have is to leave bad trader reference on PP and to post their PP ID here. Unfortunately I have witnessed what can happen when you confront the scrapper-trader on this, and here's how it will go.....
they will simply say that you switched the pins after you got them. Sounds crappy but it's reality. One thing that I do to combat this is I will not trade (online) for any pin that has a scrapper/unauthorized alert on PP. This way at least you have a fighting chance that its "real"

I really hate to do this but I think at this point you need to take this situation as a lesson learned and move forward. PinPics specifically tells you to be careful trading online and it is at your own risk. While I think that this is totally crappy for you I'm afraid that the only recourse you have is to leave bad trader reference on PP and to post their PP ID here. Unfortunately I have witnessed what can happen when you confront the scrapper-trader on this, and here's how it will go.....
they will simply say that you switched the pins after you got them. Sounds crappy but it's reality. One thing that I do to combat this is I will not trade (online) for any pin that has a scrapper/unauthorized alert on PP. This way at least you have a fighting chance that its "real"

Yep, that is the best way, just try not to trade things that hbe fakes, and when u are not sure of a trade, just post it here an we will tell u whether it is fair or not. I am so sorry this happened to you, but please don't get bitter about it, just move on, and while u become more expirienced, just stay here in this grey forum, and just always stated at one point in the trading conversation with another member that" your trades are real, no scrappers here and that u expect nothing back the same back" that way if maybe the person is new to the trading they will get aware that they are fakes other there, because some people don't know tht thy actually have fakes and they don't mean bad, thy are jut unawared. But again, in pinpics manny people know about this scrappers and they still scam people. So be careful. An hope a little of magic goes your way to make u smile and move on. Have a wonderful day

I'm really sorry that you've had this rotten experience, but you shouldn't paint all pin traders with the same brush. Pin trading/collecting is no different than any other collectible-based hobby - you encounter people of all sorts. Some are great, some are good, some are not so good, and some are best avoided at all costs if at all possible. Regardless of the nature of your first encounter of the pinnish sort (whether your experience is positive, neutral, or negative - and I'm sorry yours was so negative), it's best not to assume that everyone is the same because they aren't.

I would hope that you won't give up pin trading because of this. Next time, if there is a next time, try making a few trades in person (perhaps at a pin trading meet) so you can see the pins you are getting in person before you have to give up anything to get them. Or if you choose to make any trades through the post, always check references and use your common sense and go with what 'feels' right. If something seems 'off' about the trade, decline it and seek out another. Whether trading in person or online, don't be afraid to ask questions about the pins you potentially are trading for (other traders might question you about your pins). And remember that an honest trader never will pressure you into a trade and you should never make a trade unless you are 100% comfortable with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back