• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

auroradawn

Corona Kingdom Explorer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
With the recent release of Merida and the buzz about the pending release of the LE Cinderella later this year, I was wondering what the complete list of LE Collector Dolls was. I'm relatively new to the LE Doll craze, but I really would love to have Cinderella. So then I got curious as to what/who is in the rest of the collection.

Info requested: Character, release date, edition size, + any extras :) (pictures, "surprise" release, etc.)

Any help is appreciated :)
Thank you~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: Here will be posted a complete up to date list of all released or expected release dolls :) Thanks to Shivatopia for getting it started!

1. Snow White - October 06, 2009 - LE 5000

2. Tiana - March 16, 2010 - LE 5000
3. Belle - October 05, 2010 - LE 5000

4. Rapunzel - March 29, 2011 - LE 5000
5. Mother Gothel - March 29, 2011 (surprise release*) - LE 1500
6. Alice - August 22, 2011 (surprise release*) - LE 500
7. The Queen of Hearts - August 22, 2011 (surprise release*)- LE 500

8. Wedding Rapunzel - March 28, 2012 - LE 8000
9. Merida - June 22, 2012 - LE 7000 ~(no pre-order, but not really a surprise release)
10. Cinderella - October 02, 2012 - LE 5000
11. Lady Tremaine- October 2, 2012 (surprise release*) – LE 1500
12. Merida and Elinor Set – November 13, 2012 – LE 2500

13. Ariel - (pre-order July 29) October 1, 2013 - LE 6000
14. Ursula - ("surprise" release) October 1, 2013 - LE 2000
15. Prince Eric - ("surprise" release) October 1, 2013 - LE 1500
16. Anna (from Disney's Frozen; Coronation version) - November 20, 2013 - LE 2500 ~(no pre-order, but not really a surprise release)
17. Elsa (from Disney's Frozen; Snow Queen version) - November 20, 2013 - LE 2500 ~(no pre-order, but not really a surprise release)

18. Anna (Snow-gear version) - (pre-order January 10) March 18, 2014 - LE 5000
19. Elsa (Coronation version) - (pre-order January 10) March 18, 2014 - LE 5000
20. Aurora - (pre-order July 29) October 7, 2014 - LE 5000

~ Sergeant Calhoun- November 2, 2012 (surprise release*) - LE 1000
~ Anna and Elsa Deluxe LE Set - November 2013 - LE 100 (available exclusively at Harrod's in London)

<*Note: The "surprise release" dolls did not have a pre-order option and have smaller LE edition sizes>

Last edited:
You are missing...

-Tiana- Released in early 2010 (the second doll after Snow White, Belle was released in fall 2010) LE 5000

And the Alice and Queen of Hearts dolls were released in September 2011 and are both LE 500.

I noticed the 5000 edition size dolls are released with the movies, either when they come out of the vault or like the first Rapunzel, when her blu ray dvd came out.

Welcome to our world of Disney doll-appreciation! :)

I compiled a list on the Disney Doll Appreciation thread earlier this year, but here is an updated list of what we have so far (for LE Princess-type dolls, plus Alice):

Snow White - October 06, 2009 - LE 5000
Tiana - March 16, 2010 - LE 5000
Belle - October 05, 2010 - LE 5000
Rapunzel - March 29, 2011 - LE 5000
Mother Gothel - March 29, 2011 (surprise release*) - LE 1500
Alice - August 22, 2011 (surprise release*) LE 500
The Queen of Hearts - August 22, 2011 (surprise release*) LE 500
Wedding Rapunzel - March 28, 2012 - LE 8000
Merida - June 22,2012 (no pre-order, but not really a surprise release) - LE 7000
Cinderella - October 02, 2012 (???) - LE 5000
<*Note: The "surprise release" dolls did not have a pre-order option and have smaller LE edition sizes>

For pics, I recommend chcking out the Disney Doll Appreciation thread starting on page 6 for the 17" LE Dolls, several members here have posted great pics of all of the dolls listed above that have already been released (mostly from DRJ1828). http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?8244-Disney-Dolls-Appreciation-Discussion/page6

Last edited:
Besides the ones Shivatopia mentioned that are in this series: there is also Jack and Sally (individual dolls each with their own box)
Woody and Buzz (both in one box)

Besides the ones Shivatopia mentioned that are in this series: there is also Jack and Sally (individual dolls each with their own box)
Woody and Buzz (both in one box)

Think there might have possibly been Jessie, but as Shiva only mentioned Princess type dolls I think this is the theme we are sticking to! :) They are by far the loveliest <3

Think there might have possibly been Jessie, but as Shiva only mentioned Princess type dolls I think this is the theme we are sticking to! :) They are by far the loveliest <3

There is a LE2010 Jessie but she is not part of the 17" doll collection, the OP wanted the complete list so I was just filling in

Last edited:
awesome! thanks everyone :)

so is Oct. 2 for Cinderella confirmed? Does that mean we have to expect the Designer Villain releases going on at the same time or will they be done by then? That's a lot of dolls! I hope I'm lucky enough to get my first one :)

I was so lucky to be able to get the Alice and Queen of Hearts dolls and I'm almost willing to trade the designer princesses I have left for the 17" dolls. They are beautifully done and imo much better than the designer dolls.

Can someone tell me the difference between the 17" doll collection above and the Brass Key Enchanted dolls? Thanks.

Last edited:
awesome! thanks everyone :)

so is Oct. 2 for Cinderella confirmed? Does that mean we have to expect the Designer Villain releases going on at the same time or will they be done by then? That's a lot of dolls! I hope I'm lucky enough to get my first one :)

You're welcome! :) October 02 is the release date for the Diamond Edition Cinderella Blu-ray, so we are assuming that the LE Cinderella will be released at the same time in the stores. Keep in mind that the pre-order option has always been in effect for the dolls that are directly linked to the blu-ray home media releases, and pre-orders are taken in-store (for a very limited number per store) or online about a month or so prior. This will indeed be happening parallel to the Designer Villains (which are having their individual doll releases on a weekly basis in September and October), so for those of us that are looking to get all of the above, it will be a very sad time for our wallets!

I was so lucky to be able to get the Alice and Queen of Hearts dolls and I'm almost willing to trade the designer princesses I have left for the 17" dolls. They are beautifully done and imo much better than the designer dolls.

Congrats on having both 17" Alice and the Queen of Hearts dolls, too! For quality and product execution, I totally agree with you that the 17" dolls are superior! I do wish though that they could have done the kind of detailing that they do with the 17" LE dolls with dolls in the 12" size. I love my Designer dolls to death, but the clothing construction and fabrics are not as nice by a longshot.

Do you guys think Pocahontas might have a surprise release? I'm hoping she gets released because she's my FAVORITE and I'd be devasted if she doesn't ge a release, especially since the blu ray release is just around the riverbend...(okay i stepped right into that one)

I see that Cinderella is still available for pre-order. Just a quick question, do they charge you when you first buy her or when she is shipped? I don't have the money at this exact moment to spare on the doll because of bills, but will soon enough.

I see that Cinderella is still available for pre-order. Just a quick question, do they charge you when you first buy her or when she is shipped? I don't have the money at this exact moment to spare on the doll because of bills, but will soon enough.

Mali is correct, you will be charged when she ships, which is on/around October 2, 2012 so just make sure you have enough funds available around then :)

Last edited:
Mali is correct, you will be charged when she ships, which is on/around October 2, 2012 so just make sure you have enough funds available around then :)

I'd like to say this is true... but I've been charged already - the same day I pre-ordered. Maybe because I'm in Australia? Who knows. But all I know is the AUD amount came out of my bank account and it was the same amount as on my invoice, which included the doll.

The Limited Edition Merida 18'' Doll is now SOLD OUT in the US Disney Store website. According to a fellow flickr member, it sold out sometime this morning, August 22, 2012. So it has lasted exactly two months, since it was released on June 22, 2012. It is still available in the UK Disney Store.

Limited Edition Merida Doll -- 18'' H - SOLD OUT - US Disney Store Product Page Screenshot - 2012-08-22 by drj1828, on Flickr

wow finally. She is so beautiful, I think she's the best LE 17" after snow white. Maybe she lasted longer because lately there have been too much Disney Store merchandise and people like me have been unable to catch up! I'm so glad I got her while I could! :)

I'd like to say this is true... but I've been charged already - the same day I pre-ordered. Maybe because I'm in Australia? Who knows. But all I know is the AUD amount came out of my bank account and it was the same amount as on my invoice, which included the doll.

It could be that bank cards and paypal pre-orders are withdrawn immediately. Or perhaps it is due to the International card source. I know that on credit cards in the USA, Disney does not actually charge the credit card until the item ships.

It could be that bank cards and paypal pre-orders are withdrawn immediately. Or perhaps it is due to the International card source. I know that on credit cards in the USA, Disney does not actually charge the credit card until the item ships.

Yeah I paid via credit card, as apparently the Disney Store wouldn't accept non-US paypal accounts. But that's okay. I'd buy it from here in Aus, but they aren't available to us that I'm aware (and my state doesn't even have a Disney store - unbelievable, I know!) Does pre-ordering guarantee a doll? I would assume so... but well we all know what assuming does...

Yeah I paid via credit card, as apparently the Disney Store wouldn't accept non-US paypal accounts. But that's okay. I'd buy it from here in Aus, but they aren't available to us that I'm aware (and my state doesn't even have a Disney store - unbelievable, I know!) Does pre-ordering guarantee a doll? I would assume so... but well we all know what assuming does...

The only cases where the ends up being cancelled orders is under strange circumstances, like last year's Designer Snow White doll problem, where the servers can not handle the amount of orders coming in against the available stock. Some orders were consequently cancelled, due to the overselling. But Designer Snow White was not a pre-order. I have read on facebook that the Designer Villains pre-orders had a few cancellations for that same reason, but I don't know if that is true or not (considering the source). For the LE doll pre-orders, you should be guaranteed a doll. :) I think for orders sent to Australian addresses, they may send it from the manufacturer & therefore you may receive her more quickly than here in the USA. I've heard that happened earlier this year with LE Wedding Rapunzel.

I'm glad Merida finally sold out. I think they need to stick to the 5000 edition size. Cinderella is 5000 and she's still up too. It's so strange! I'm sure its due to the Designer Villains. Merida is my second favorite, after Snow White too, so I am floored it took that long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back