Limited Release 1970s Donald PP?

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by Randakinskywalker, May 25, 2019.

1. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I am very startled to say the least. I was in MK, minding my own business and pin trading, when I decided to take a chance on a CM's mystery pin. She pulled it off, and handed it over to me, and I was excited on principal, because I collect Donald and just spent three hours at Dinoland meeting the whole gang. But then I looked closer, and saw that it had really cool translucent fill that you don't normally see on a rack pin. So I looked at the back, and sure enough, it was limited release. But also in big, bold letters, it said PP. This pin by all means looks and feels heavy and real. I have no reason to believe it's fake. It's thick, the enamel is smooth, and it's pretty. I understand these sometimes end up on cast lanyards, but it's mostly leaders' lanyards. The girl had no idea it was special. Is this real? Sorry that the pictures aren't great, my camera has been weird lately.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

xdattax and Ocean7 like this.
  2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Oh my gosh that's incredible! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Randakinskywalker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thank you! I'm excited about it but just really confused as to where it came from.

4. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

From the pin gods!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

@Randakinskywalker
    From Pin Pics:
    "This listing is for the Donald Duck pin ONLY from the limited release 1970's Mickey Mouse and Friends mystery collection (#95381). This pin features Donald all tangled up in a pile of 8-Track tape. Donald is wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt with yellow flowers. The eight-track cases are black, red, yellow, and green in colors. Pins in this series: #95491-95499, 96003." Release date: April 11, 2013.

I love finding PP pins. My understanding is that often, once the developers are finished with the PP pins they send them out onto lanyards. That is how they end up in the general population of pins to trade. :)

PP =
    • Pre Production/Prototype Pin - Pre Production/Prototype pins (or PP Pins) are received by product developers prior to a pin being manufactured. These pins sometimes contain different coloring, fills or features than the final production pin. The number depends on what the final product will be, as these pins may be different in size, texture, color, etc. The developers use these "test" pins to determine what the final product will be. Pin from late 2007 - now will contain a PP stamp on the back. Pins prior to late 2007 may contiain a Pro Products label signifying its a pre production pin. Some pins may contain no identification that it is a pre production pin at all.

Ocean7 likes this.
  6. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

@Randakinskywalker

Congrats on getting a cool pin for your collection from a cast member.

7. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Congrats on the amazing find! The pin gods were with you!

8. Randakinskywalker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thanks everyone! It seems I did indeed get lucky!