• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Sugar Rush Racers release

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Sugar Rush Racers release

TheOtherSteve

Active DPF Member
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Line starts in the alley this morning. 1st line is nearly full. About 50 are here. Wristband cutoff is 5:30am

I actually got up in time for a Saturday release for once, hahaha! At least my spot in line is just outside of Coffee Bean so I can get on wifi. Ran into this_and_that while heading to the line. :)

11118360_1013812628670173_1646480293948542204_o.jpg

Sounds like there was some drama at this release. Someone I follow on Instagram went for their first time and got some bad numbers and posted them. Then someone offered to sell her their number which was much better. She then posted a picture of her new number along with something like "Money does buy happiness!" Thennnn when she got to the door they took her number and cut her wrist band off. Sounds like her left in tears.

On one hand I feel bad that some took advantage of her not knowing. On the other I don't feel so horrible because paying for a better spot when it's a luck of the draw type thing - be it at DSF or pretty much any other occasion - is almost always against the rules. And if you're going to do something that might even be remotely against the rules, you REALLLLLLLY shouldn't go post about it on social media.

So they must have someone who is watching social media constantly for stuff like that! Wow.

It's been a while, but look at the bottom of the pin release rules. It says that numbers cannot be bought or sold or they would be voided.

Eeek! Yeah, bad idea to go around telling people that you essentially participated in scalping! I feel sorry for her, but it's kind of common sense!

And wow - this set's prices right now!

:sad:

This is not the first time this has happened. Too bad there are people out there willing to take advantage of a fellow pintrader. It's sad but when you try to be sneaky, it comes back to bite you.

Sounds like the person was going around saying HA HA look what I bought.I get a set you do not.It came back and bit her in the butt!!!

Everyone make a note if you have to pee while at DSF early. They now cut your wristband off if you return pins for quality issues and they won't let you back in the store to use the bathroom if you don't have a wristband, even if you show your receipt. The security guard guy is a complete tool. I'll be taking it up as far as I need to go to get some attention about this place. They will gladly take your money, but once your wristband is off they don't give a rats behind about you. Just give them your money, don't' expect any service.

On one hand, if this was her first release and she didn't see all the rules ahead of time, I kind of feel bad. But yeesh, people get too open about what they post on social media. And DSF *IS* monitoring Facebook/instagram/etc (either directly or through informants). This is a fact. This isn't the first release to void numbers for being sold and won't be the last as long as people keep doing it.

It was nice to meet you, Jacobsen! I'm sorry to hear you pulled a bad number. Did your friend get a good one at least?

Oh, and I should add, the overall quality of this release was really good. I had number 198, and usually by that period a long line would have formed. But at this release, very few people were exchanging while I was there. I personally only had to switch out Vanellope, and that was becasue she had some pinprick/dip/fill issues in the rainbow border of her back wheel. The three exchange pins I saw also had those dips, but nothing you would really notice with a casual glance.

It was nice to meet you, Jacobsen! I'm sorry to hear you pulled a bad number. Did your friend get a good one at least?

It was nice meeting you too! Unfortunately my friend only pulled 521, so neither of us had luck on Saturday. I did get to trade for two pins with this_and_that so it wasnt a wasted trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back