• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mail Days Megathread 📬

Mail Days Megathread 📬
My pins from July.

I had the best time at my favorite vacation spot - WDW! (DL is considered my home.) I’m very happy that Food & Wine started so early. To celebrate, I needed every pin. I’m also a Rocketeer fan and can’t believe it’s been 30 years. I was able to get into the DSSH online HOND and patriotic series with a good number; I like this Phoebus.
U6trl5Z.jpg

More pins for the collections: Yzma for Artfully Evil, SWGE sliders, Mickey icons, Mickey himself, POTC redhead, Haunted Mansion, and Marvel.
j0fOHrY.jpg

These castle pins are huge. I found someone willing to make a deal on multiple so didn’t pay a lot over retail cost. I am now caught up and eagerly waiting for #9 to be released.
zKIAsWQ.jpg

I like a container and had a ton of Disney Insiders points so I decided to get the Raya set. One of the pins was sent with Luca postcards; that was a nice surprise.
j0EMos7.jpg

ck01MBy.jpg

Lastly I added new fantasy pins. They are so pretty and big!
jkN77Rz.jpg

My pins from July.

I had the best time at my favorite vacation spot - WDW! (DL is considered my home.) I’m very happy that Food & Wine started so early. To celebrate, I needed every pin. I’m also a Rocketeer fan and can’t believe it’s been 30 years. I was able to get into the DSSH online HOND and patriotic series with a good number; I like this Phoebus.
U6trl5Z.jpg

More pins for the collections: Yzma for Artfully Evil, SWGE sliders, Mickey icons, Mickey himself, POTC redhead, Haunted Mansion, and Marvel.
j0fOHrY.jpg

These castle pins are huge. I found someone willing to make a deal on multiple so didn’t pay a lot over retail cost. I am now caught up and eagerly waiting for #9 to be released.
zKIAsWQ.jpg

I like a container and had a ton of Disney Insiders points so I decided to get the Raya set. One of the pins was sent with Luca postcards; that was a nice surprise.
j0EMos7.jpg

ck01MBy.jpg

jkN77Rz.jpg
The Phoebus looks great, is the rosette stained glass? If not, that is really a severely missed opportunity…

The Phoebus looks great, is the rosette stained glass? If not, that is really a severely missed opportunity…
You are so right. They did not make the windows stained glass in this set and they could have been so
lovely. Even though they are very pretty.

Bit behind in posting here, but our first (and so far only) International trade finally came through. The concise story is . . . Back in April 2020, we were approached on PinPics by a member in Japan who wanted to trade. Well, she had an Anna and Elsa pin set that we *really* wanted. Real grails, to be honest. We decided that we'd swing the postage and do it. It went along fine, and we agreed on a multi-pin trade and when to ship. We took ours in and shipped them. She told us she took hers in and the Japan Post told her that she needed to order a form and it would be a week. Ours arrived to her and she responded with a full response saying they were great and she was so happy. I heard form her through May 2020, as the form didn't arrive and then she said that Air Parcel was shut down to the US because of COVID. In June 2020, correspondence thought PP and private email ceased. I emailed every week, never heard back. Her account never stopped changing, though, with pins coming and going. No gap. We were really disappointed, to say the least.

I kept at it, emailing every week. Watching Japan Post and they didn't open up Air Parcels to the US. They were open to Germany, though, and I arranged with a friend from the military forum who lives in Germany, and he was willing to have it sent to him, and then we could pay to have it shipped to us from Germany. No response from Japan, when I kept sending that offer. Nothing. Then in March 2021, I had posted on here in the PinPics Traders thread about trading with a Japanese member, and I got a message on DPF from @echoharmony who said she had just had a really good trade with a member from Japan on PP, and asked what was the username of our trader. It was the same! So, she generously offered to pass on a note, which I wrote and sent to her, and we waited.

I heard back the next day, from the account saying that it was a relative, as the original account owner had passed away. (Now, just my thoughts --- Very sad. However, if it was true or not, there was no excuse for not answering my repeated emails over the past 11 months and for continuing to use PP and change pin listings and to do other trades. So, I don't know what to think overall.) She said the pins were still there and please give her a week to mail them. Surprise of surprises . . . they arrived the next day - mailed by FedEx Express International.

So, after all that, I was really happy that they did arrive in the end, although the stress of the trade was really sad. But . . . here they are! Sis and I were over the moon with Anna and Elsa, as they were even cooler than we thought! Many thanks to @echoharmony for the help and to @TheMickeyMouseRules for helping us with International trading advice back in 2020!

They came in these really cool Mickey head bubblewrap baggies:

20210729084819-ce8e3d35-me.jpg

Here are all the pins:

i.php

After Anna and Elsa, we were really excited about the Rescue Rangers (kind of sentimental from our early years) and that B&tB pin, which doesn't look like any other pin type we've had before! The Dalmatians are for trade and some of the Disney On Demand pins, too.

Here is a close-up of our A&E gems!
20210314184908-826d3738.gif

20210729084840-f7883b05-xx.jpg

So, there's the story and the fabulous pins, which finally made it! We are so excited! Haven't found the best place on my Frozen board for A&E yet, but it is a matter of just rearranging enough! -grin-
I'm so glad that they came through and that I was able to help!! So happy for you!!

My pins from July.

U6trl5Z.jpg

j0fOHrY.jpg

zKIAsWQ.jpg

j0EMos7.jpg

ck01MBy.jpg

jkN77Rz.jpg
Wow! Busy month. Congrats on all the goodies!

Whelp, guess who got married and planned a very sudden honeymoon to Walt Disney World. That’s right it’s me!
We honestly kept spending pretty down for souvenirs, but I did pick up a decent amount of pins!
54c2ea757966f051e3e5842953b075ea.jpg

8e6ba9846e4fb63524720925ea0c38df.jpg

(Happy to trade duplicates for the last two Pandora critters I’m missing!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations on all!

Today's mail day isn't pins but I'm super excited so I wanted to share. Gravenstein apples!

IMG-4938-1.jpg

This is a variety of apple that (in the USA at least) is pretty much only grown in Sonoma County. I grew up just south of there and have relatives in that area that we would visit frequently so I had these a lot growing up, and we'd go to the Gravenstein Apple Fair pretty much every year. These apples are my childhood! A few years ago I found out that The Fruit Guys sold Gravenstein-specific boxes for a few weeks every summer to help the farmers since production of this variety has declined significantly over the years, and today was the delivery of my annual box.

These are great for eating and baking, so I'm going to save a few to eat, cut up and freeze some for baking later this year, and make the rest into applesauce (they make the BEST applesauce!).

Got my Aloha pins from DSF today!
IMG-4942-1.jpg

The pins are pretty small (they are on the small backer cards) but they fit a lot of details into them for the size and I think they came out pretty cute; I think they look a little better in person than the flyer images.
IMG-4945-1.jpg

The tops of the pineapple are translucent fill.
IMG-4947-1.jpg

And the bottom of the pineapple is pin-on-pin and 3-D (NOT rubber Free-D!)
IMG-4949-1.jpg

Got my Aloha pins from DSF today!
IMG-4942-1.jpg

The pins are pretty small (they are on the small backer cards) but they fit a lot of details into them for the size and I think they came out pretty cute; I think they look a little better in person than the flyer images.
IMG-4945-1.jpg

The tops of the pineapple are translucent fill.
IMG-4947-1.jpg

And the bottom of the pineapple is pin-on-pin and 3-D (NOT rubber Free-D!)
IMG-4949-1.jpg
Oooo is that glitter in the pineapple's leafy top. Want them even more now. (4Sep cannot come soon enough.)

Congrats!

Back