• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Marvel and Lucasfilms pins

QUESTION Marvel and Lucasfilms pins

PinTradingForFun

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a grab bag of pins to trade on our next family trip to the parks. Ordered from a reputable seller to avoid scrappers to do my part. However, about a third of the lot are marked Lucasfilms or Marvel with no Disney mark. Are they still parks/cast member tradable?

While there are plenty of Marvel and Lucasfilm pins *released by Disney* which are officially tradeable at the park, as far as I know, non-Disney pins - aka licensed or third-party pins - are still officially not tradeable.

You may find CM;s who will not accept pins without the Disney copyright and some who won't accept pins unless they have the Disney copyright and the Mickey backstamps (i.e. they may refuse third party pins such as Loungefly Disney pins, etc.)

That said, in practice - at least at the Disneyland Resort - most CM's are just happy to get real pins instead of scrappers and don't fuss over whether they are official park traders, third party pins or Marvel or Lucasfilm pins.

But you may still run into sticklers who refuse them.

So honestly, I *wouldn't* consider what you got to be all tradeable "officially", but in fact, they probably all will be usable without too much hassle.

Back