Mercari seller

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by megw717, Nov 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megw717

megw717 new, but not that new

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Are we allowed to call out a bad Mercari seller by name? They literally told me they know they sell scrappers.

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

They told you they sell scrappers? Beyond how annoying selling scrappers in the first place is, it seems very bad for business to tell people that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. megw717

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I can post a pic of the conversation we had. They straight-up said they sell scrappers. I can mark out the name and post it.

[​IMG]
    Shortly after this, like within 2 minutes, they deleted all their new listings. They have several sold listings with scrappers that even I, with my very limited scrapper knowledge, recognized as such immediately.

akarih likes this.
  4. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Their defense is that they can't not sell the scrappers they're given from CMs?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. megw717

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Right?? Um. Okay.

I guess they’re saying “we have so many pins we can’t be bothered to take the time to weed out the fakes so we’ll just sell them to poor unsuspecting pin traders!”

But I took a quick glance through their solds and look. There are literally 2 pins/pin series I can spot as fake. I am NOT a scrapper-spotter. But I saw the fake Ariel in several groups and a fake one of the fish in bags from Finding Nemo in another group—WITH the fake Ariel.

So if I can do that from a pic on my phone in 2 seconds, surely it wouldn’t take a pin seller long to weed out at least *some* of the fakes before they list them for sale.

akarih likes this.
  6. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Nope, no sellers of any kind can be called out on this forum. So I'll be closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.