Mickey emotion series Scrapper?

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by Tazimo, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

Hey guys so I recently went through the pins on my lanyard to weed out any scrappers or fakes I could have positively identified four of them.

I am unsure of this one however I traded this one with a fellow guest and cant positively tell if its fake any help?

Imgur

It looks more or less real to me but a second opinion would be great!

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

That series has definitely been faked but I can't tell from the picture. Can you take a closer photo of the front and back of the pin and share those?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

Judging from the dipping I can see I would say fake. But what do you think?

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

4. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Agreed. The back of it looks super rough as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

Aye the edges are rough. Shame it's a nice pin. I was hoping to collect the set.

Thanks Akarih

6. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Just want to say, it doesn't look too good for this particular pin being real, but I have the whole set... and I love them. The quality of mine is decent.... but still might be scrappers. Ultimately, I had so much fun trying to find them all... I don't really care if they are real. I would encourage you to find the whole set if that is what you want to do.

Once my set was complete, I poked them through a canvas and they hang above my desk. I do this with a lot of the older pins I pull off trading boards. Having the unknown quality (fake versus real) makes it easy to not worry about how I display them. (ie, the pressure is off.) I have a similar display of the cast lanyard villain bowling pins that I am pretty sure is 100% fake... but once again, loved the process of gaining them and the search was so much fun! I still remember my excitement when I found my last bowling pin... I think it was Hook. Pretty sure the cast member I traded with thought I was nuts.

My motto... have fun and collect what I want from the boards using real Disney trading pins... I just don't trade a high value pins to the boards (usually each of my traders average $2/pin.) And while I trade for what I want, I leave behind a trail of fun pins for someone else (my traders don't last long on the boards because they are real.)

stratasfan, Tazimo and Ajk like this.
  7. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

That is very true, I didn't mean I won't collect the set haha despite the fact that one pin is a fake I still like it a lot. I've removed it from my main lanyard since I don't want to trade it or any other scrapper.

Pin trading is a bit harder for me since I live In The UK and don't have immediate access to any lower priced authentic pins. That is without buying the huge scrapper lots on ebay or amazon. But I'm looking at grabbing some sealed booster sets to have as traders for next November to continue my search for Coco pins XD

8. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I mostly by mine at Disney Store Outlets. Do they have any Disney Store Outlets in the UK? The other place I have found them is the clearance bins at BoxLunch, but not sure if BoxLunch is in the UK?

9. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

No to both of those we dont have them over here, the closest we get is either a pop up Disney store. We actually had one of these appear in my home city but they had literally no pins on offer. Other more permanant stores are around but require about an hours travel and from what I have read and seen dont carry a lot of options if any at all. There is always Disney Paris which is an option but would require a lot of money and effort to go to for some pins sadly. Which leaves the less than desirable having to order online ><

10. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

TheMickeyMouseRules said some good points! About this particular set. I got two of them bought from Disney and the same two bought as scrappers (I've been doing some comparisons) . . . and both had issues. Actually, one of the bought ones really looked like a scrapper, and one of the scrappers really looked real. so, I think if you like them . . . keep them! Just enjoy them, as I don't think you are going to get much of a quality difference trying to guarantee authenticity.

Tazimo and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  11. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

Good point

12. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

Do you have a Primark? They sometimes have sets of 6 pins for £3. And a few individual pins.

Primark Disney Pins Archives - Disney Pins Blog

Tazimo and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  13. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

Ooooh they do?

We do have a Primark I will have to have a look in there.

Thanks!

I never considered they would sell them in there.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  14. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

This series has always been bad quality, even when straight from Disney. I don't have the ones I bought anymore for comparison but a lot of them had issues, especially in the later runs. This set was made for literal years, long after it should have been discontinued. I'd personally say it's real, just suffering from poor quality control.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  15. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

Alrighty thanks for your input XD

16. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I have genuine Red and Teal ones in my traders . . . would you like me to take some pictures, and you can see them?

17. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

I think they are still available in the parks in the 5 pin mystery pack. If someone else has said this, forgive me.

18. Tazimo

Tazimo Member

0   0   0

Sure that would be cool!