MK shopping v. Disney Springs - Emporium and Big Top Souvenirs

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by stratasfan, Nov 16, 2019.

1. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Sis and I are wondering . . . for any of you who have been to Magic Kingdom more recently (than 19 years ago!) . . . would shopping at the Emporium in Main Street and/or Big Top Souvenirs in Fantasyland be much different than shopping at The World of disney in Disney Springs? Are you likely to find more park souvenirs at either place versus just Disney-type souvenirs?

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Big Top has more snacks and food, Emporium has a lot but World of Disney probably still has more because it's enormous. I think the Emporium has more classic Disney and MK oriented stuff while World of Disney has just everything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

So, would you say that they both sell the same things as WoD in Disney Springs? Or that the Emporium has more themed things for MK? Like, do they have some stuff themed for rides (Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Splash Mountain, etc.)? WoD doesn't really have park-themed items at all.

4. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Emporium definitely has park themed items but also stocks most of the newly released items in the parks(besides pins) like new plushes and wishables and shirts etc.

5. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Happy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

When I am at MK I like to go to the specialty shop Memento Mori, where you can find Haunted Mansion souvenirs that you will find nowhere else.

6. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Oh, That shop is not on our map legend! So, are there other specialty shops that are park themed in the park? We are wondering . . . anyone know if there is a shop that has Small World items?

7. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Small World at WDW is a somewhat less popular ride than Haunted Mansion so it doesn't have a shop dedicated just to the ride but the nearest shop is Fantasy Faire so it's possible there would be something there but last time I went into that shop I didn't see any Small World items. Do you have the My Disney Experience app downloaded? That can show you where all the shops are on property in addition to a billion other things.

8. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Less popular! -eyes googling- I can't believe it! -sigh- No taste . . . -grin-

Actually, believe it or not, we do no mobile devices of any kind, so no apps!

9. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Oh! Well then, the website is always available on a computer...

10. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

So . . .a thought . . . do you think Small World would have a bad wait time in the middle of January? Is it something you have to book a FP for or something you might just walk up to?

11. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

No, definitely don't waste your FP on Small World! It's barely ever a really long wait, save your FPs for the big ticket thrill rides. Because MK has no tiered Fastpasses like all the other WDW parks do, you can get your three advance fastpasses for three of the biggest attractions 60 days in advance.