• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

More Park Exclusive Pins are showing up on Disney Store.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Park Exclusive Pins are showing up on Disney Store.com

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
I was looking through the website to see if I missed any pin I might want and noticed these are now up for sale on the website, all Disney Park Authentic

Character Sliders Series: Mickey's PhilharMagic Pin

Classic ''D'' Collection - Donald Duck and Nephews Pin

Chinese New Year 2011 Mickey Mouse Pin

Presidents' Day 2011 Mickey Mouse Pin

Groundhog Day 2011 Mickey Mouse Pin

50th Anniversary 101 Dalmatians Pin

Is this going to be the norm now, after a month or so of release, so many become available on the website? Will that help or hurt the pin community?

I noticed this too. On one hand I like that there are a few pins I want available online - it means I don't have to find someone to purchase and ship it to me, I can do it myself.

On the other hand I would much rather prefer to see them carry LE's exclusive to online over pins that can be found in the parks. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it will hurt or help!

I wonder if they will be getting rid of DeliverEars.... not that it was very good anyways. I tried to use it once, sent and email, and never got a response.

It's probably because they have an over abundance that just didn't sell at the parks. Disney probably wants to market it to people online who can't make it to the parks first, rather then the pins ending in a bargin outlet a year later. That said, I don't think that the practice will hurt the pin community. If a pin is that extremely wanted, the person will ultimately try to get it first hand.

I don't think it will hurt either....well, it depends. I don't think just putting the park pins up is going to hurt. It gives new people just returning to the parks the ability to easily purchase from Disney without resorting to ebay or paying the higher prices of the DS.com pins.

But, if they are doing this as a long term replacement for big cutbacks of DS.com pins, then I think it could hurt a little. I haven't purchases nearly as much from DS.com as I have in the past because of the lack of selection and poor design of what was available. That makes it a lot harder for people away from the parks to get good traders which, as a result, could put a damper on trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back