• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

More "Spoons Full of Sugar" for my Mary Poppins Collection

More "Spoons Full of Sugar" for my Mary Poppins Collection

Connies_Hobby

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
238   0   0
As I have (and many here) learned in this "Pieces of Disney Magic Metal" Collection Hobby of the last decade + ()...."Patience is a Virtue."

These two pins, are again, solid proof of that Fact.

Story:
The first pin, is a FP. I first saw it in a traders book one day while at the DLR picnic table area. After learning the trader valued it at a whooping $100 (and I do not trade authentic Disney pins for FP's; plus I thought the value was to high) I declined the trade.

So I knew, if I was meant to have it, it would happen.

Three years later and with the help of our wonderful @speedwaystar1 (you Rock my friend) because the seller was in Jolly Ole England, I was able to purchase it. And it's now in my hands.

2nd Pin:

This I had to have as well. But since it's a WDI pin, well....you all know that story. Anyway, after an attempted to trade with a a couple of sellers at a kraken event, and they're not following through, I decided to reach out to a new pin trader/seller I had met in all places, at the local PetSmart here in Downey.

I was shopping and walked by the kitten/adoption cages and saw this woman with some beautiful BatB tat's on her arm. I stopped to give her a compliment. We got to talking and I found out she was a Disney Pin Enthusiast as well.

So, we started following each other on IG. I reached out to her and asked if she knew of anybody that had the WDI MP Globe Pin. She put me in contact with a friend of hers that had it. A week later, part trade, part cash, an well worth it, the globe pin is now in my collection. And yes, I Love it.

I took the time to share this story, because, A) it's a reminder to me, of how wonderful our members are here. And, B) the Love for Disney, and just being friendly and kind to a stranger can Truly be a win-win, in more ways then one. Kindness Matters.

Thank you for allowing me to share this story with you all. Because no one understands better then like-minded friends.

Connie
eb3850d1fa784bc31c733612d43a77e5.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Back