Mouse Pin Trading Event.

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by Randakinskywalker, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:14 PM.

1. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I hope it's okay to ask about this here, but I couldn't figure out where to get more info. DPB has a Mouse Pin Trading event on their Events page for November 16th at DS Holiday Inn. I haven't been able to find more info on this. Does anyone know if it's still happening or how it works? I'd love to go, as I didn't get my fill of trading at last night's event lol.

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

I am not a mod... but I do not see anything wrong with your question. And... a similar thread asked a similar question before (@slbrabham might also have some good info for you).

Mouse Pin Trading in Orlando

3. Randakinskywalker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thanks! And lol, I guess I'm used to game-themed forums where you can't bring up stuff made/put together by other people. I'll go check it out, assuming it's there. I read somewhere that it's a $5 charge per family, does anyone know if that's still true?

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I'll check it on their FB page. This is what I came up with:

[​IMG]

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

It said those dates were confirmed, but then I found this:

[​IMG]

Disney Pin Trading - November 16, 2019

November 16, 2019, 8 am to 4 pm:

MousePinTrading.com and Disney Pin Collectors' Society are happy to announce the details for our Pin Trading Meetup at the Holiday Inn - Lake Buena Vista Hotel by Disney Springs.

There are a limited number of tables are available for reservation on a first come - first served basis for $30 which includes your 6 foot table (with 2 chairs), entry for 2 adults and 3 raffle tickets.

Walk-ins are still only $5 per family and include entry for 2 adults (children are always free), and 3 raffle tickets. While the hotel does charge for parking we have negotiated FREE PARKING for those attending our event, just let the attendant know you're there for pin trading and they will let you self-park for FREE.

6. Randakinskywalker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thank you so much for all the info! I'm still pending acceptance in the group. This sounds great. I have a friend who loves pins but has never been to a pin event so I was thinking she could be my plus one if I'm going anyway, just to see what it's like. :)

7. avisionfantasmic

avisionfantasmic New Member

0   0   0

Can 100% confirm this is happening. It’s $5 per family (2 adults + minors) and $30 if you want a table.

I’ll definitely be there! The last one was great.

8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

But which date? They put both dates out there....

9. avisionfantasmic

avisionfantasmic New Member

0   0   0

November 16th.

10. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

November 16th and December 14th are the last 2 Pin Meets for this year at the Disney Springs Holiday Inn.

There is also another group that meets monthly at the Holiday Inn on US 192 (across from Old Town) in Kissimmee. The Central Florida Disney Pin Traders can be found on Facebook. Their last meet this year is December 7th.

I'm hoping to attend both mid-month meets. See you there. :tigger:

11. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

@Randakinskywalker

I attended the monthly meet in April when I was on vacation. Sis and I left Universal for a few hours and spent 3 or so hours there. The five dollar fee was well worth it for me. I made several trades for mystery box pins and monthly LE pins that I missed. Most everyone I met was nice and accommodating. I met the nicest two ladies who were giving away some older Hidden Mickey pins in Easter eggs. We traded for some NBC pins for my nephew.

If you feel like purchasing pins, you should bring some cash. Some sellers posted prices and for others you had to make an offer on the pins. My sister did purchase a nice Rapunzel Acme pin from someone there. I’m not sure if that’s still a thing but the person who took the entrance fee explained the selling process to us when we entered.

Overall it was worth my time and effort. Enjoy!