• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Mr. Toad Complete Thanks to Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZAPPED! Mr. Toad Complete Thanks to Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spr175psu

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I'm not even sure where to begin this story. I feel like Scuttle at the beginning of the Little Mermaid ride.

giphy.gif

I'll try it this way. If anyone has been following my continued efforts to become a Mr. Toad completist, I have been down to 1 left for a few months now and found someone who had the last remaining pin but kept flaking out when it actually came time to sell to me.

Finally, after about 6 weeks of constant nagging (I know I would say I would stop...but I didn't), he sold to me as he has been traveling for work all of this time.

That pin came today! It will be included in another thread, in addition to the mail days thread.

But alas, after I solidified that deal, the OCD in me started reviewing pinpics and realized that I had missed a pin, that there was actually 1 more pin, a pin with 68 Wants and 0 trades on pinpics, not on ebay, and I quickly became defeated. So close, but so far

giphy.gif

When all hope was lost, something amazing happened! Through PTDB, I discovered that the inimitable, incredible, utterly amazing Bruce (@bcol) had this final pin in his collection!! I figured I would take a chance, ask him if he were willing to trade, knowing full well that the pin also had Mulan in it and that he wouldn't possibly want to just trade it away.

What happened next is what makes Bruce the absolute best of the best. Without equivocation, without hesitation, without even really wanting anything for it, he asked for my address and sent it priority mail the very next day.

tenor.gif

So without further adieu. I present the final Mr. Toad pin.

u3fTkIr.jpg

And it wasn't even just any old pin, it was an unbelievably massive pin. I had no idea!

WeDtvg5.jpg

And that's not even all! Was there actually a zap on top of a zap? A double secret surprise zap?

GMU6XYi.jpg

Yes, and it was the best thing ever!!

kav9YmZ.jpg

My wife can attest, I legitimately gasped and then squealed! She knows how long I have been looking for a Mr. Toad button. Just two days ago, while we were at the beach, we came across a rather large hobbies and collectibles store that had a lot of Disney buttons. I had high hopes and was like "uhh, have you heard of Mr. Toad? Where can I find your Mr. Toad memorabilia?" I don't think I need to say what the gentleman's response was.

giphy.gif

I know I can't possibly make it up to you, but I sure am going to try. Your gift actually left me speechless, which is not something that happens often. Thank you so very much, Bruce!

For the first time ever, I present to my beloved DPF family, my completed Mr. Toad board. Thank you, thank you, thank you all so very much for all of your help, kind words, advice, support, and being the absolute best community that I could have ever hoped for.

I'm so happy that I stumbled upon this board 3.5 years ago and what started as a labor of love back in October, 2015 to help me commemorate one of my favorite memories during an otherwise difficult childhood is now complete...until Disney releases more Mr. Toad pins of course.

There's still plenty of space for many more Toad pins so come on, Disney, the 70th anniversary is in 3 months! Get moving!

9sg1E9B.jpg

Thank you all so much and thank you, Bruce, for your incredible generosity and for making this possible. I absolute couldn't have done this without the help from this community and probably would have given up a long time ago without your support.

giphy.gif

Probably more like this...

giphy.gif

I'm not even sure where to begin this story. I feel like Scuttle at the beginning of the Little Mermaid ride.

giphy.gif

I'll try it this way. If anyone has been following my continued efforts to become a Mr. Toad completist, I have been down to 1 left for a few months now and found someone who had the last remaining pin but kept flaking out when it actually came time to sell to me.

Finally, after about 6 weeks of constant nagging (I know I would say I would stop...but I didn't), he sold to me as he has been traveling for work all of this time.

That pin came today! It will be included in another thread, in addition to the mail days thread.

But alas, after I solidified that deal, the OCD in me started reviewing pinpics and realized that I had missed a pin, that there was actually 1 more pin, a pin with 68 Wants and 0 trades on pinpics, not on ebay, and I quickly became defeated. So close, but so far

giphy.gif

When all hope was lost, something amazing happened! Through PTDB, I discovered that the inimitable, incredible, utterly amazing Bruce (@bcol) had this final pin in his collection!! I figured I would take a chance, ask him if he were willing to trade, knowing full well that the pin also had Mulan in it and that he wouldn't possibly want to just trade it away.

What happened next is what makes Bruce the absolute best of the best. Without equivocation, without hesitation, without even really wanting anything for it, he asked for my address and sent it priority mail the very next day.

tenor.gif

So without further adieu. I present the final Mr. Toad pin.

u3fTkIr.jpg

And it wasn't even just any old pin, it was an unbelievably massive pin. I had no idea!

WeDtvg5.jpg

And that's not even all! Was there actually a zap on top of a zap? A double secret surprise zap?

GMU6XYi.jpg

Yes, and it was the best thing ever!!

kav9YmZ.jpg

My wife can attest, I legitimately gasped and then squealed! She knows how long I have been looking for a Mr. Toad button. Just two days ago, while we were at the beach, we came across a rather large hobbies and collectibles store that had a lot of Disney buttons. I had high hopes and was like "uhh, have you heard of Mr. Toad? Where can I find your Mr. Toad memorabilia?" I don't think I need to say what the gentleman's response was.

giphy.gif

I know I can't possibly make it up to you, but I sure am going to try. Your gift actually left me speechless, which is not something that happens often. Thank you so very much, Bruce!

For the first time ever, I present to my beloved DPF family, my completed Mr. Toad board. Thank you, thank you, thank you all so very much for all of your help, kind words, advice, support, and being the absolute best community that I could have ever hoped for.

I'm so happy that I stumbled upon this board 3.5 years ago and what started as a labor of love back in October, 2015 to help me commemorate one of my favorite memories during an otherwise difficult childhood is now complete...until Disney releases more Mr. Toad pins of course.

There's still plenty of space for many more Toad pins so come on, Disney, the 70th anniversary is in 3 months! Get moving!

9sg1E9B.jpg

Thank you all so much and thank you, Bruce, for your incredible generosity and for making this possible. I absolute couldn't have done this without the help from this community and probably would have given up a long time ago without your support.

giphy.gif

Probably more like this...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Incredible!! I'm just popping in and this is what I come upon...so very cool. Congrats Shaya, and super awesome of you @bcol!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back