• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My OOAK Rapunzel Designer Doll Unveiled! **UPDATED WITH POLL**

Which Designer Doll(s) should I try next?

• Cinderella

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belle

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Ariel

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Mulan

• Snow White

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Tiana

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Aurora

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Pocahontas

• Other (e.g. Giselle, Megara, Esmeralda, etc.)

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My OOAK Rapunzel Designer Doll Unveiled! **UPDATED WITH POLL**

disneycrazee

I just got pixelexia, ok?
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
UPDATE: I added a poll! I have a crazy itch to do another doll, but need help deciding! Actually, I REALLY want to do Snow White, but I'm thinking about doing a few at a time, assembly-line style, so as to save time. I've just been going back and forth on which ones. ;)

She has truly been a labor of love. Initially, I wanted to make the doll as close to the original illustration as possible, but then I realized the official Designer Rapunzel's dress and hair were pretty close, so I instead opted to try to recreate the "feeling" I had when I first saw the beautiful artwork (if that makes sense to anyone! :lol:).

I started out with the Classic Rapunzel Doll as the base. I then rerooted and repainted her - both of which I did for the first time...and nearly caused me to stop the project. :doh: But I persevered...resulting in thicker, longer, shinier hair and a not-so-smooth face paint job (but I like it anyway! ;) ). Because sewing is my comfort zone, the dress was the most fun part of the project, and when it comes to the hair, I decided I wanted it braided for two reasons: I really like it braided in the movie and having it braided would eliminate any tangled hair issues (pun not intended ;) ). She's still missing an accessory...I was planning on giving her a brush...and Pascal...but those will have to wait until I have more time. :)

All in all, I am happy with the way she turned out, this being my very first OOAK doll. :D (And a big big THANK YOU to Shivatopia, who encouraged me to pursue this idea!!)

ooakrapunzeldesigner.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, to be quite honest, I think this is 100x better than the Designer doll. Its breathtaking and it looks so much more like Rapunzel! The fact that its the only one in the world is just all the more sweeter. I woulda never guessed this was your first time, perfect job here!

That is absolutely gorgeous- you did an amazing job! I definitely agree with mybabykelly in that it looks better than the Designer Doll. I really think it translates the idea of the original designer artwork far better.

Thanks so much for sharing pics of your stunning one of a kind with us! :)

^^ totally agree with them. Better than the designer doll. It's so AWESOME I want one :)
The dress came out really nice!! and so does her hair!! STUNNING

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :hug:

make the other 9 XD to go with Rapunzel. Im sure you could get mulan to look alot better

haha I was actually debating whether or not to do the rest of them. I think the main thing that's holding me back is the rerooting! lol I don't think I'd be satisfied if I DIDN'T change out their hair, and yet it's such a slow and painful process. XD (Although I AM faster now that I've had practice ;)...)

That is so much nicer than the Disney Doll. If I sent you a blank doll could you make me a nice Aurora? I'm not so fond of the designer doll and the Signature doll is great, but her face is all wrong. I just need to capture the essence of her and you seem to know how to do that. BTW, I can barely sew buttons on shirts so I envy you.

wow...that is absolutely gorgeous...dress is amazing...great detailing, i like it much better than the original...absolutely one of a kind.

Ohh, pretty. I love looking at custom dolls. I'd make some, but my painting skills are terrible. Let us know if you do make the other nine.

Last edited:
How gorgeous!
Like everyone else has said already, yours looks soo much better than the official doll. It really does capture the feel of the art.

Wow, she is absolutely gorgeous!! You did a terrific job, I love the braid in her hair and just everything is so lovely!

INCREDIBLE! Absolutely breathtaking Rapunzel and a huge improvement to Disney designer! [That doll is pretty, but doesn't look like Rapunzel in the movie.]

May I suggest redoing Belle. She has a gorgeous face, but nix the "Beehive" hair on DD doll. HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back