• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

N for Nala!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N for Nala!

Kahlan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I need more expert advice on this! D: I'm not sure if it's counterfeit, or just a scrapper, cause Nala's coloring is off. :C

Here's the image from pinpics next to the scanned image I took of my pin[added a actual photo of the image for colors]. I can always buy another if that's the case. :c

pin82336
2l8cg8y.jpg
6ie7pf.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's a scrapper. If you look at the tail, the left picture has a line whereas the right picture doesn't have a line. Also, Nala's nose doesn't look pink in the right picture at all. Overall, the color looks off for the N on the right.

The red is actually a lot more vibrant in real life, and Nala is peachish, while her lighter coloring is dark like in the image. I guess scanning was the wrong way to go. xD

I'm not too experienced in pointing out scrappers yet but I'm not too sure if yours is fake. The pic on the left is the pinpics pin, right? The center is a scanned pic of your pin and the one on the right is...a photo of your pin? If the center pic and the right pic are of the same pin, I think maybe your scanner does something strange to color because the center pin seems to have a very dull nose while the far right pic has an obviously pink nose, which looks right compared to the pinpics pin. The little Mickey head doesn't look like it's not formed right or too big or too small, so that looks good. The only thing I'd worry about is the coat on your pin in the far right seems to be more pinkish while the pinpics pin looks creamy yellow and the center pin doesn't have a very vibrant red N like the pinpics pin has. Again, that might be your scanner doing weird things to color.

Okay yeah, mine definitely doesn't look like yours. :( I'm disappointed. The colors are way off. Heh, in your picture I just got the N and the one on the right. XD How ironic!

Okay yeah, mine definitely doesn't look like yours. :( I'm disappointed. The colors are way off. Heh, in your picture I just got the N and the one on the right. XD How ironic!

Yes! I saw that too in your "Mail Days" post. Next to the smug Simba I have one of the pins in your wants. I love collecting Lion King, too!

Do you have a PinPics account?

Yes! I saw that too in your "Mail Days" post. Next to the smug Simba I have one of the pins in your wants. I love collecting Lion King, too!

Do you have a PinPics account?

Lion King is my thing! :3 The one above your N I am also going to get in the mail one of these days. :3 I do, it's also Kahlan, and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to link to my account here. xD

Lion King is my thing! :3 The one above your N I am also going to get in the mail one of these days. :3 I do, it's also Kahlan, and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to link to my account here. xD

Go to the top and click Settings, then hit Edit Profile over on the left side. There's a box that says "Pinpics ID".

The other thing I've heard/seen about the first wave of hidden mickeys from Disneyland is that they have a 2008 backstamp on them. Of course, they came out in 2011 so we can safely say if someone has a 2008 Nala, it's not real. I've seen the letters with these 2008 back stamps and also the Alice set out of the first wave with the incorrect back stamp.

In the 2nd wave, it's the T-Shirt pins I've seen with this same issue. 2008 = Fake. 2011 = Real.

well even some of the new tshirts that say 2011 on them r fake i have a cleo shirt that says 2011 that is underfilled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back