• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need help with my Designer Rapunzel/Flynn doll set (large image)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help with my Designer Rapunzel/Flynn doll set (large image)

Pink_Plastic_Princess

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I recently bought my first Designer Collection doll set from the Disney store, but through a reseller on eBay. When the set arrived, I noticed that Flynn is missing a button from his shirt, seen below:

3gE2GQc.jpg

Did it come from Disney this way? This is my first Designer set and I didn't get a chance to see the sets in person is a Disney store, so I'm not certain if a flaw like this is possible. Is it also possible that if the button fell off, it might still be inside the packaging?

I also checked the photos in the eBay listing, and the button was missing in the listing photo too, I just didn't notice before. I assume this is not the eBay seller's fault, but is it possible to check if the plastic case has been removed? And can I complain about the missing button to Disney if I bought it from a third party?

Thanks in advance for any advice x

1. Can't complain about a missing button if it wasn't bought directly from Disney.
2. Even if you could, it's too late since the Designer sets were released months ago;
3. It happens. I have 17" dolls that are missing sequins.

I know the Tiana doll from the designer couple set a few years ago was missing the gems on her belt (for all the dolls). I know Disney has screwed up a lot of these dolls in multiple ways. So yes, it most likely came from Disney this way. Their quality control is not the best....

Unfortunately this is a lesson that every collector eventually has to learn the hard way when buying secondhand: always examine the photos thoroughly. Zoom in. Request additional photos if need be. I bought a pin once on eBay and was disappointed when I received it and discovered a paint error. But when I took another look at the photos on the listing, it was right in plain view; I just hadn't looked closely enough. I do think sellers should take it upon themselves to explicitly point out any flaws in their description, but not every seller is that ethical. And unless they deliberately deceive their customers (i.e. concealing the flaw from photos, or falsely advertising the product as being in mint condition), there's really no recourse you can take, unless the seller has a flexible return policy. You could perhaps send them a polite message to inquire about it; they can at least let you know whether the shirt was like that when they bought it, and whether the box has ever been opened, in which case you'll have your answer about the button possibly being loose in the packaging. But I wouldn't count on that - it's most likely just a manufacturing error. If it's really driving you crazy, I'm sure there are people who could help you replace it. I don't collect dolls personally, but I know there are tons of people online who customize/repair dolls and could probably help you find a matching button to sew on.

I think another good lesson for any collector, though, is that you'll ultimately be much happier if you learn to sacrifice perfection for personal enjoyment. Don't let a tiny button (or paint errors or missing sequins or other small flaws) spoil your fun. :)

Unfortunately this is a lesson that every collector eventually has to learn the hard way when buying secondhand: always examine the photos thoroughly. Zoom in. Request additional photos if need be. I bought a pin once on eBay and was disappointed when I received it and discovered a paint error. But when I took another look at the photos on the listing, it was right in plain view; I just hadn't looked closely enough. I do think sellers should take it upon themselves to explicitly point out any flaws in their description, but not every seller is that ethical. And unless they deliberately deceive their customers (i.e. concealing the flaw from photos, or falsely advertising the product as being in mint condition), there's really no recourse you can take, unless the seller has a flexible return policy.

I would normally agree except I'm not great looking for non-obvious flaws (scratches and dips I can see for pins, but there are non-obvious flaws sometimes). And unless I had more than one doll to compare to, I wouldn't know that a doll is missing a sequin.

Thanks for the great advice everyone! It's sad that these dolls are coming out missing details when you pay so much for them - but I won't let it bother me! The Rapunzel doll is flawless so I'm thankful for her, and I'll try not to let one tiny button put me off.

It's been great having everyone's experiences here to learn from! Thank you all again x

You know, I don't see the harm in calling your local Disney Store. Seeing if they still have them in stock, my Disney store still has these and the Robin Hood set. Tell them you got it as a gift, so you don't have a receipt, and then noticed it was missing and just want to swap them out? I mean, do so expecting they will do nothing and say no, but best case scenario maybe they say yes?

I would normally agree except I'm not great looking for non-obvious flaws (scratches and dips I can see for pins, but there are non-obvious flaws sometimes). And unless I had more than one doll to compare to, I wouldn't know that a doll is missing a sequin.

Good point. Again, I don't collect dolls, and I don't envy those of you who do haha. They're so flippin' expensive!

It could just be a design flaw - as picky as it sounds, I was surprised my Maid Marian doll, in her wedding dress, was missing the iconic wedding ring she gets given in the movie. It seemed a strange detail to be overlooked.
From the photo it doesn't look as it its been damaged, but in other pictures of this doll I've seen online it does have five buttons. I'd say it's just one of those things :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back