• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need help with some LE pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help with some LE pins

aleciadesu

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
LE Kisses: I traded with someone on PP for pin 81909 and I believe it may be a scrapper/fake. But I need some help. Mainly because I have 2 other pins I traded with someone on the forum just like this one and they have similar flaws. The pin has a border on the back and the front feels really rough, the paint of the lips is also way off. Here are some pics, they are not really good just because the lighting in my apartment is horrible.

LE POH: I don't have a picture for this one but I was just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of scrappers/fakes for these pins. The front of this pin I recently got (77054) was not really that glossy and looked like it had a scrubbed look to the paint.

I would love any advice from you guys, as far as the LE Kisses Collection goes, can anyone compare to the ones they have? I strongly believe that these are scrappers or fakes just because of the border on the back.

Thank you!

2088hli

f1xy5x

Ok, while there is what looks like a border. That's not the type of border that is traditionally associated with a counterfeit pin. On those the border is so thick, and pronounced the Mickey heads end up looking a bit mis-shapen. The Mickeys are all of good size and shape, and they look like they are "barely" touching, unlike the scrappers which aren't always spaced evenly. Also, it looks like you have the backer card, and there are no warnings for this pin, I would say your pin is authentic.

There are good pictures of some counterfeits in this thread http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?205-Scrappers-Vs.-Counterfiets-(and-how-to-tell).

Last edited:
Just for comparison, here are the backs of a couple of pins that are similar to your pin back. These 2 pins are authentic Disney pins. Your pin looks just fine. :)

unled1bp.jpg

I have the entire set, and that is exactly what they look like on the back, mine are not rough, but man I have definatley bought some pins from DLR that are rough, it is authentic.

I have been seeing this a lot on the newer LE DLR pins most of the ones I have gotten have a border like this purchased directly from Disneyland

Also the small world mysterie box set has the same border. I think your alright with your pins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back