Need some help identifying eBay scrappers

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by DIS_MIKE, Apr 21, 2019.

1. DIS_MIKE

DIS_MIKE New Member

0   0   0

Well...It's been brought to my attention that I have some fakes in my collection. Never a good start to your holiday weekend. I guess I thought the prices were so awesome and thought I was getting a deal.

The first 3 are from the same eBay seller so I am very skeptical right now. This is the pin that started it all. LE200. I thought it was a steal at the price I got it for but now I see ones going for only a few dollars. The metal feels very cheap. None came on cards and the seller has a history of negative feedback when it comes to scrappers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the final two from the seller.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one I scooped up from a different seller but it was quite cheap considering there were only 500 made.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking and please let me know if you require additional photos.

rtotheichard likes this.
  2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Those frozen sorcerer hat pins are very commonly faked so those are probably fake, the cruise line looks pretty good, the beauty and the beast I can't tell but the paint lookz a little dull. Not sure about the last one because it's not a mickey waffle pattern. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

The paint on the last pin looks a little neon especially on the dragons belly....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. DIS_MIKE

DIS_MIKE New Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the input. Just realized that the Pete’s Dragon pin was also purchased from the same seller. These are probably all fake except for the DCL one. Very unfortunate and super disappointing. :(

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  5. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    399   0   0

6. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Did you buy these out of Hong Kong?

7. DIS_MIKE

DIS_MIKE New Member

0   0   0

The seller is based out of California but it wouldn't surprise me if he/she got them from Hong Kong. They told me all pins are inspected and authentic. :rolleyes:

8. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Why would they lie? ;)

9. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

@DIS_MIKE : please send me a PM with the name of the eBay seller. I know a few out of CA.

10. DIS_MIKE

DIS_MIKE New Member

0   0   0

Did a little more digging on the Beauty & the Beast Pin. I found the legit one and the back is different from the one I have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the back of my pin.

[​IMG]
    The pintrading logo & Beauty and The Beast stamp are switched along with the copyright not on the bottom. Very strange but obviously a fake!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019