• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need some input on what type of game you like the best

Need some input on what type of game you like the best

Rocke01

love to pin trade!
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
321   0   0
What would you all like to see in a game. Would you like a medium priced game (around $15 to $20) Maybe a lower end game that has a grand prize and just a consolation pin to the those that do not win (around $10 to $15 shipped) or do you like the higher end ones with the better prizes so everyone gets something that they can at least use as a descent trader? I am thinking on either a medium level game next or a lower level game with a grand prize of a frozen lanyard set and Anna and Elsa pin. I think I need an Olaf to go with it since there isn't one on the lanyard. How does that sound to everyone?

NOTE: I managed to start a lower level game with some OK prizes besides the grand prize.

Last edited:
Higher priced game because as you stated even if you do not keep the pin(s) you still get a decent trader(s).

I tend to agree with skele , being international the pins offered need to be decent value to make it worthwhile . Additionally I understand Frozen is really popular at the moment but a lot of us have decided not to bother with a collection as its just too darned expensive .
If you really want a lower cost game with a single grand prize perhaps a PODM would make a better grand prize (nearly always chosen first) , the smaller prizes could be basic OE pins as long as there was a good selection .
Just my opinions mind , you have much more experience of running games than I do :)

Periodically I ask peoples opinion because I want to do what you all want to play in the end. the game I am doing now is just to pass the time for now. I will not run another high end game until we get back from DLR in September. I will do something bigger then.

I actually like both - it depends more on the actual pins in the game as to what I'd want to play

Regardless of what the "top prize" is, in any kind there would need to be a decent number of other pins I'd be happy to get (keepers or traders), in order for me to want to play.

Small games are fun cause they fill faster, and its done;
Big games are exciting due to the possibility of winning "grand prizes", but fill so slowly sometimes...

I always love playing your games, for me it always depends on what type of pins there are offered. I think a medium priced game to start with and do a higher priced game with a grand price later on?

I like higher end games because I don't normally win and having a nice trader is important to me :3 (I don't have lot of nice traders LOL)

As long as they stay um...like pick you pin prize im happy. I get a little worried and jaded on the ones where im just sent a random pin...i don't know why so i try not to play them too much.

I agree with Carissa about being able to pick your own pin- even though the process is so much slower, I love the suspense of "oh man, is someone going to pick my pin?!!" It feels a lot less risky too when you can make a choice, even after that first pick is gone. I didn't like playing games before because I thought it was too much of a gamble.

I also like themed games! :) But I don't know if anyone has enough Christmas or Halloween traders for that! I think it would be a lot of fun to see holiday games at the start of the holiday season.

I do have holiday pins, but I am afraid there isn't enough interest to do an entire game in just them. I will make sure I put some in the next high end game I do. I alienated a lot of folks in my P3's game so the next higher one I do will not have a theme. I want to make sure there is something for everyone. Thanks for your input!

Back