• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need to vent about being at DLR yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to vent about being at DLR yesterday

aleciadesu

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
My boyfriend and I are fairly new at pin trading and we were at DLR Wed and Thu. We never waited in line before at the Westward Ho before for the cast member trading but we decided to yesterday. So we managed to get our first 4 letters and we are really excited to try to collect the whole set. My boyfriend was asking some of the pin traders about some of the pins he got earlier that day and he noticed there was a girl looking to trade and she had the UP grape soda bottle pin and he really wanted that pin. It was our first time trading with someone else other than a cast member. She said that she would trade that pin for 2 of our letter pins. We said okay and she walked away and I looked at the back of the pin and noticed a small border around the pin. I think that we might have got a fake. What do you guys think? I am so frustrated that we waited an hour to get those pins to trade for a fake.:cry:

Confused? You traded two letters for a Grape Soda pin(awsome deal-wdw one correct?) correct. Then noticed the Grape Soda pin had a boarder? Or, the two remaining letters you received from a cast member had boarders? Don't collect cast pins so someone else can clarify, if it's an UP pin let me know which one and I'll let you know the backing.

There are no known fakes of the Grape Soda pins. Usually pins with extra features(the safety pin part/top of the bottle cap) don't get counterfeited because they are more difficult. I'm pretty sure you're safe.

It's either one of these three
If one of the first two then you got a good deal that will rarely come about if the last one cause it's a rack pin i don't think so as the lettters are hot right now or It could be one of the fan made Up soda pins you see on ebay alot.. hard to decide but these are the only ones i can think of off hand,

Last edited:
As mentioned by Pauly, if it was the fisrt 2, great deal byt the rack pin is only like $7.98 with DLR discounts.
If it has a border, well.......
Also, I know someone who was actually making grape soda pins from real grape soda caps, safty pin and all. I think he actually may have got them from eBay but he says he made them. be careful.

There are no known fakes of the Grape Soda pins. Usually pins with extra features(the safety pin part/top of the bottle cap) don't get counterfeited because they are more difficult. I'm pretty sure you're safe.

Really??? You mean acual counterfieted pins or those homemade ones where people just stick a safety pin on a bottle cap?

Really??? You mean acual counterfieted pins or those homemade ones where people just stick a safety pin on a bottle cap?

As far as I know there are not any, other than the ones that people make themselves, but those don't have any kind of backstamp or anything, so one would know the difference there.

I wish that pinpics had images of the fronts and backs of all the Disney pins..

I actually have authentic Disney pins that have a slight, very narrow, 'border' on the back around the pattern.

There are several different Up Grape Soda Cap pins. Out of these, if the pin is authentic, it is probably pinpics #79373. Check out the description on pinpics:
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=79373&sid=8167.1307140317.v2

Here are the images of other Up Grape Soda Cap pins for easy comparison:
pin70628

pinpics #70628 LE300 DSF

pin72920

pinpics #72920 LE750 UK

pin74263

pinpics #74263 LE-no GWP / DVD

pin74902

pinpics #74902 LE-Unknown DMR

pin77495

pinpics #77495 LE300 DSF

pin79373

pinpics #79373 LE-no - Does the Up pin that you have look like this one? It does have the Mickey ears pattern on the back.

pin79510

pinpics #79510 Disney Movie Club 2010

pin84433

pinpics #84433 LE1000 WDCC Summer 2011

Last edited:
pin79373

I'm pretty sure it is this one with a small border on the back. It has the official stamp.
Someone told me at the park that it was probably fake. So I wasn't sure

It is very difficult to say without a picture. I'm looking at mine and I wouldn't say there is a border but I could see how someone else may think there is. I'd bet your pin is fine.

Be careful of what letters you decide to trade. C, E, J, and T are worth much more than the others. I've been collecting the letters for the past month or so and I've only ever seen an E for any type of trade once.

It'd be incredibly pathetic if the kid was being used by their parents to get multiple lanyard pins (especially letters A, C, E, J, and L) off of new and unsuspecting pin traders. Oh, wait...never mind, it's been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back