• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New First Class Parcel Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
New First Class Parcel Rates

suzanneb

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I knew postal rates were going up this month. Today, April 20, I mailed 3 first class parcels. Weight was 1 oz; 1.5 oz; 2.5 oz. Before this rate increase, the 3 parcels would have been 3 DIFFERENT rates. Well guess what? All 3 came in at $1.71! That's a LOT MORE than the previous $1.22- 1 oz & $1.39 for up to 2 oz! So BEWARE on your postage & try to make more multi trades for "more bang for your buck" postal wise! Pls be careful- we also don't want our trading pals to have to pay postage due! :nono:

Well that sucks. And all so we can support all the junk email crap that we don't want.

I noticed that today when I was packing some things up. I agree... I always try my best to multi trade when possible. Shipping is just crazy sometimes.

I will look into "where" the price break is- how many ounces can you get for $1.71. If anyone knows, pls report

The best one was I printed postage on Saturday for mail on Monday, and when we double checked them at USPS on Monday, I had to pay extra because of the rate change. I sent an e-mail to USPS customer service complaining that if you do a change like that, it should take place the next day, not the day you are closed!

Just paid $1.71 to mail a bubble envelope that was $1.39 last week. 32 cents more, +20% increase. Will look to do multi-trades.

I think this will also further hamper the Pin Trading hobby.

Mike S.

And with del confirm,I paid 2.33..it does not bother me as I know they are getting there safely,thats why I only go 2 days a week
and with gas prices at 4.19 here in Indiana,its even worse

Originally posted on 4/18/2011 in the General Discussion link

New US Postal Rates - 4/17/2011

http://www.usps.com/prices/welcome.h...ricesApril2011

Of special note for pin traders, while the basic letter rate is unchanged, the rate for additional ounce and thicker envelopes is going up

The package rate - which applies to any envelope that is irregular in thickness or beyond 3/4 of an inch is $1.71 for the first 3 ounces.

For complete information on the new first class rates see: http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class-mail-prices.htm

if you buy your 1st class postage through paypal it's only $1.75 with Delivery confirmation which is cheaper than buying it at the post office

in order to do this though you need 2 paypal accounts. You just send your other account 1 cent (no paypal fees will be incurred) and then change the shipping address to who you are sending it to

That's quite an increase. I sent a package to the Netherlands a few weeks ago and noticed it was only 1 penny more than the other domestic packages. Still, $1.71 is so cheap to have an item travel so far and be delivered. It does add up though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back