• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New pin collector

Status
Not open for further replies.
New pin collector

Chad

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everybody. My name is Chad and I just took the jump and bought a few disney pins and love them. So as I'm new I'm always open for help or just advise. I'm mainly going to be collecting Haunted Mansion pins as this is by far my favorite ride at disney and I'm a Halloween nut. I'm also getting pins from years I attend the parks since I only go every other year right now, and for events that I attend while there, like Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party in 2011. I'll probably end up with Disney Train pins as well since I have a model railroader and then just any pin I really think is cool. My biggest question is what should I do to get some pins I don't want so I can trade next time I'm at the park. There is so many haunted mansion pins out there, I'm having trouble with not just buying all of them I see. Anyways, I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thank you all for the welcome. I was just curious. Does the Disney Store online not sell the new pins that come out. I noticed there is a new Haunted Mansion set, I think 13 pins??? maybe, out now that you get 2 pins per box but I haven't seen it on the site yet to buy.

Hello Chad! Welcome to DDF! :) You are going to love it here! I love Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We went last year, and in 2010, and are planning a trip this year for 2012! :) As far as traders, check out the For Sale board on here! You will probably find some great deals on authentic trader pins! :)

Hi and welcome. According to the sad gossip, the US Disney store is not selling many pins anymore, not doing online releases either; Thats what i gathered...perhaps i am wrong?

Welcome to the forum!

Trader strategy varies from person to person. Some buy double of popular themes, of which Haunted Mansion is quite popular. Some like Mystery Boxes, because you invariably get duplicates for trade. Still others make note of which themes trade well and they may pick up those items specifically for trade.

Hope that helps.

Hello! I'm Stitchmeister and I am a Disney Collector addict. I have everything from pins, art, Jewelry, 25th WDW anniversary, Rare disney Lionel trains and accessories. Yeah I need help! I am looking at selling some of my Jumbo pins. Also if anyone is interested in 25th WDW silver coins mint in box...looking for a place to possibly sell those too!

How Do You Do Chad it is good to see you here and Welcome to DPF. Like others have already said, you are going to have a blast here and just with this amazing hobby in general.

Hi and welcome! I found that just to get going it was worthwhile purchasing a pin lot from a trusted seller (ie perhaps not from ebay!) and that added to my traders enough that I could get going on trading. Make sure you keep your Pinpics up to date and you should be well away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back