• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New to pin collecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to pin collecting

singingflower

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My name is Amber and I'm new to Disney pin collecting. I am obsessed with Disney World and have thought about collecting/trading pins, but I was always afraid of how much I would spend on the hobby. I've decided to just collect pins I really like for now and see what happens. I really enjoy looking at everyone's collections and hopefully I'll have a collection to show off someday. :)

Aloha Amber and Welcome! :wavey:

I understand your concerns about spending too much on these shiny pieces of metal, and while you have the right idea about just collecting what you like ... the best way to keep both your collection (which WILL develop over time, I promise) under control AND your bank account intact is to select a theme/character (or a few themes/characters) and just limit yourself to that. If you collect every shiny piece of metal that you like, you'll find yourself with more pins than you have space for and a third mortgage on your house.

Aloha Amber and Welcome! :wavey:

I understand your concerns about spending too much on these shiny pieces of metal, and while you have the right idea about just collecting what you like ... the best way to keep both your collection (which WILL develop over time, I promise) under control AND your bank account intact is to select a theme/character (or a few themes/characters) and just limit yourself to that. If you collect every shiny piece of metal that you like, you'll find yourself with more pins than you have space for and a third mortgage on your house.

Amen to that!!!!!
Vicki

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! I'm in the process of looking through pinpics and finding pins I like - I didn't expect there to be quite so many that I would love! Hopefully I'll be able to narrow it down to a few themes or characters. I have 2 trips to Disney World planned for this year so I'll have to restrain myself from spending too much on pins right now. I don't think it will be easy though!

Hey I am in KY as well if ya need anything lmk

It's always nice to meet a fellow Kentuckian. :) I live in Monticello (near Lake Cumberland).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back