• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

new to the forum:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
new to the forum:)

smiele23

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi, I'm Samantha. I've been trading for 4 years now, but am just now learning about the online pin community. If anyone would be willing to give advice about the Love is Magical Event, I would be grateful. This will be my first pin trading event so it would be nice to know what to expect:) I live in the Orlando area so I'm usually at WDW a few times a month. I'm looking forward to talking with people that love trading as much as I do:wavey:

Aloha Samantha and Welcome! :wavey:

I'm not quite sure what sort of advice you are looking for regarding the Love is Magical event? I won't be going to this event (unfortunately), but I have gone to events like it ... from what I understand of this particular event, there will be trading boards/games set up so you can trade for pins with cast members (usual CM trading rules apply in that it's pin-for-pin, as many times as they will allow you to trade). There also should be tables set up so you can bring your own pins to trade with other guests ... oh, yes, and what looks like a really nice dessert buffet. Considering the size and hours of this event, I would expect it to be closer to a glorified PTN (mostly locals going) with an RSP pick-up and food instead of the major annual 3 day pin event.

I hope this helps - and have fun at the event!

Howdy, Samantha! I've only been to the massive yearly pin trading event in Florida, so I don't have any useful tips about the Love Is Magical event.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! For the event, I wasn't sure how mant pins I should bring and what kind-traders? keepers?

Hey everyone. My name is Matt and I just registered today. I am hoping to find people who want to trade and I also want to figure out how this online trading works. I look forward to learning about this. If there is anyone who would not mind helping me please send me a message. Thank you very much. :)

Hey everyone. My name is Matt and I just registered today. I am hoping to find people who want to trade and I also want to figure out how this online trading works. I look forward to learning about this. If there is anyone who would not mind helping me please send me a message. Thank you very much. :)

Hi Matt!

Just log on to PINPICS.COM and start listing your trades and wants there. Then we can see what you have and start trading!!!!

Welcome!

Thank you very much. I have some stuff listed on there already. I will have to finish up the rest of my pins later. It tends to get hard sometimes finding the pins that you have or you want to show for trade.

Thank you niknaxx. I have another question. How do I get my trades and wants under my name in the left hand side?

Hey Matt. First you have to have a Pinpics profile. If you do not have one, go to www.pinpics.com and create one, then list all your wants and trades. Then, come back here and list you pinpics id under your profile. Should pop up after that.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! For the event, I wasn't sure how mant pins I should bring and what kind-traders? keepers?

I have found that this is subjective and varies from person to person. Some people like to bring/wear 'brag lanyards' or 'brag pins,' (high end/grail level pins that they have no intention of trading that are being displayed for the sole purpose of being worn/displayed/shown off). I personally would NEVER bring a pin that I am not willing to trade for two reasons:

1. Despite the reason mentioned above, I just don't see the point in bringing a pins to a TRADING EVENT and having to tell people that they just aren't for trade. This doesn't mean that I'm going to make every trade offer that comes my way and I have no problem politely declining trades that don't interest me or that I consider unfair; everything I bring is for trade, but both the person I'm trading with and I have to agree that the proposed trade is fair for pins to exchange hands.

2. While it doesn't happen too often, pins do end up lost, missing, or stolen from events. Thankfully, this hasn't happened to me, but I have a hard enough time keeping my eyes on the pins I intend to trade. I have no intention to bring pins extra pins that I have no intention of trading that just need supervision (especially since, while I'd be upset if I lost a few of my traders, I'd be even more upset if I lost any of my keepers).

So as far as how many pins you should bring, I would recommend bringing your regular traders that you bring to a PTN. Also, if you want to set up at a table, bring a few books ... if you want to walk around from table to table, try to condense your traders into one or two books to make moving around easier. Additionally, I would suggest bringing some regular, stick-on-a-lanyard type pins to play the games and, I suspect, to trade with the cast members (most/all of them should be wearing lanyards).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back