• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

NEXT WDW Trading Night on April 17th!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEXT WDW Trading Night on April 17th!!

TiggerSue

Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Disney Trading Night at the Walt Disney World® Resort

April 17

Veracruz A, Disney's Coronado Springs® Resort

Are you looking to meet avid and novice traders, make friends, or share stories about your Pin or Vinylmation™ collection? Then trading night is the place for you! Disney Trading Night will take place April 17, 2015 from 6 – 9 p.m. at Veracruz A Ballroom in
Disney’s Coronado Springs® Resort at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Reservations for the Trading Event are $10, per person. Limited to availability. No discount will be offered in conjunction with this package. Be sure to register and save your spot to join the fun!

I bet Disney Merchandise will have Preview Boards of the GenEARation D Event pins!!

Last edited:
I REALLY wish they would give more than 2 weeks notice!! They must have known much earlier in advance as to when this event would be. Can't they let US know a little earlier???

Do these happen particularly often? I would totally love if there was one while I am going to be over there.. I wasn't going to bother taking pins on a lanyard but I'd love to go to an event ha ha

I REALLY wish they would give more than 2 weeks notice!! They must have known much earlier in advance as to when this event would be. Can't they let US know a little earlier???

They probably don't. Disney would prefer event space reserved by private events, not Disney events. So they probably wait to make sure that they are passed the window when most private events are booked. Or maybe something was booked, and then there was a cancellation.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think Hopemax is right...they probably just wait until they're sure they can't sell it.

I bet they don't think anyone would fly/drive in from another state just for a PTN- you're definitely a special case, man! <3

Although...I know if I were booking a vacation to WDW, and the date didn't matter to me, I would definitely want to try and hit a PTN. So the point is very valid.

Where is this info listed? I don't see it on the disneyparksmerchandise.com page, but maybe I'm just overlooking it.

Thanks,
Melanie

Awesome, thanks! And so, is this one of the events where they'd have PTN pins or other pins for purchase or just trading with other people at the event only? Thanks, Melanie

Just a Ballroom set up for Trading with other attendees. Hopefully, a snack and Preview Boards too.

Ughhhh...if they would only wait 3 more weeks!!!! True be told,we're looking more forward to getting together with you & your hubby in May!!!

Last edited:
Hello I did not attend this as I was going to the pin meet at west gate the next day and it is too far to drive 2x for only 3 hrs so for those of you who did go how was it ? the same as last time? Did you make lots of trades? Details please!! Thanks Janet

Well, I had only 35 wants on my wants list going in... And I got THREE pins off my list! It was a really productive night for me, thanks in part to Abyssinian28!

Missed seeing you Janet. Hope you had a good day at the Gate West Pin Meet.

Same as last time except, maybe less people. No info about the September Pin Event - have to wait until Wednesday.

2 fewer Security Guards - guess they figured we wouldn't be any trouble, since we got a Mickey rice crispy treat again - LOL.

I traded for 3 pins myself - which is good for me. Great seeing everyone who was there. TTFN, :tigger: Sue

Well, I had only 35 wants on my wants list going in... And I got THREE pins off my list! It was a really productive night for me, thanks in part to Abyssinian28!

:wavey:

It was a pretty good night! I got about 20 pins, and for a night in which I sat instead of walked, that's very good!

I will say that the attendance has taken a noticeable dip since the fees, but the overall feel/atmosphere has been nice. If they continue to charge, I would like to see an extra hour or two, a pin for sale (or first chance at that month's releases)...maybe a game.

Oh! As Unibear can attest to, it was nice that one side of the tables were chair free! Fighting chairs on the "walking" side has always been a pet peeve of mine, too- especially when the ballrooms have small aisles (not such an issue at Coronado, though).

Cleared a bunch of easier wants, traded 95% non limited pins all night but had a fun time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back