• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

No answers on pinpics??

No answers on pinpics??

megw717

new, but not that new
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
okay maybe this is a dumb question, and I know a lot of ppl (myself included) have issues logging onto and using pinpics...

But is it common for people to completely ignore trade requests? I’ve sent out maybe 20 in the past 3 days and I’ve gotten 1 reply. I know a lot of the time life on the Internet is just shouting into the void, but I thought we were all on pinpics to trade some pins!

I have been trading for over 5 years and I have only made a handful of trades on PP. I gave up a year or so ago and only trade here.

Ah the many joys of Pinpics terrible IT(their ambassador for their forum is great though, love you Peachy!)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reply rate has always been spotty. Think of it more like a targeted Classified Ad than email communication. Most people don't reply if they aren't interested. But with the rise of Facebook / Instagram and the declining functionality of Pinpics I wonder how many people are actively looking at their messages and trading vs. not being able to login at all vs. just using the website for an Inventory.

Agreed, but I do okay with pinpics. I average a few trades per month via pinpics. I just keep on keeping on with it... even with all the log on problems.

I also have sent out a few trade requests via other databases... pintradingdb.com and collectiblepintrader.com

Pintradingdb.com has a lot of pins listed now and really should be a great resource for trading... it will just take time to catch on.

Collectiblepintrader.com and corresponding app is a great format for a pin database. Its up and coming!

I have really only traded through PinPics so far. Just starting to post here, but I find replies sketchy on here, too. Don't do Facebook, so use what is available on the pin sites. I send out probably 30-75 trade requests on PinPics for every one or two replies I get. I keep doing it, though, as I do get a response that makes a good trade! Also . . . keep in mind that PP does not send you a notification when someone sends you a trade request. You have to sign in to look at your inbox. You only get a notification email when it is a PM or a reply to a trade request that you have answered already.

Logging In is a problem. I got myself a back-door link from someone on here who posted a hot link that automatically compares your wants with her trades, and that link allows me to sign in more often than when I just go to the PP site. Here it is, in case it works for anyone else.

Walt Disney Pins, Trading Disney Pins, Value Of Disney Pins | PinPics

I have really only traded through PinPics so far. Just starting to post here, but I find replies sketchy on here, too. Don't do Facebook, so use what is available on the pin sites. I send out probably 30-75 trade requests on PinPics for every one or two replies I get. I keep doing it, though, as I do get a response that makes a good trade! Also . . . keep in mind that PP does not send you a notification when someone sends you a trade request. You have to sign in to look at your inbox. You only get a notification email when it is a PM or a reply to a trade request that you have answered already.

Logging In is a problem. I got myself a back-door link from someone on here who posted a hot link that automatically compares your wants with her trades, and that link allows me to sign in more often than when I just go to the PP site. Here it is, in case it works for anyone else.

Walt Disney Pins, Trading Disney Pins, Value Of Disney Pins | PinPics
Pinpics use to link to your email. I'll keep your observation in mind when I decide to start trading again.

Back in the day my mom used to trade on pinpics ALL the time. Like she talks about waking up in the morning and checking pinpics to have like 10 trade requests. But that's before you couldn't log in.

okay maybe this is a dumb question, and I know a lot of ppl (myself included) have issues logging onto and using pinpics...

But is it common for people to completely ignore trade requests? I’ve sent out maybe 20 in the past 3 days and I’ve gotten 1 reply. I know a lot of the time life on the Internet is just shouting into the void, but I thought we were all on pinpics to trade some pins!

PinPics is like the dinosaur of pin trading now. A lot of the accounts are abandoned, even though they show as active, the owners are not checking them. Also, I don't think PinPics is auto sending alerts to people's email addresses anymore. It used to be that you would get a notification that someone sent you a request - now that never happens. Unless someone is actively checking their PINPICS account, they will never even know you asked to trade. I also suspect, that even when you do reply to a request, there is a glitch that drops the sent message into the void, and the person never hears from you. I have had requests just simply never show up on my sent requests lists.

On top of this, the site stability is zero these days. I think the folks who took over the site had good intentions, but got more focused on selling the ACME pins and maybe don't have experience with running a website and all the technical needs of doing such. So most of the technical difficulties don't get fixed, or don't get addressed in a timely manner. (just a guess and only my opinion).

I can PM you a couple of FB sites that are very active and on which I have made some good sales and trades, if you like.

Back