OFFICIAL: Bye Splash, Hello Princess!

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Addicted to Alice Pins, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Actually actually actually?!! Excuse this outburst but: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YAY!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Daylily, Purplemandms and CanaDaLE like this.
  3. broadwaybookworm

broadwaybookworm Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I'm excited! I like that it's picking up after the film.... assuming that means we will have Human!Tiana the whole ride.

Daylily, Purplemandms and akarih like this.
  4. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

@Spr175psu your Splash Mountain pins just increased in value;)

Purplemandms likes this.
  5. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    221   0   0

Ohhh this is going to be a beautiful addition. Unpopular opinion but the Brer forest animals never really connected for me, maybe because I didn’t grow up with them.

Sad for the people who grew up with them and have that history, but exciting for the new generation and the legacy this will have at the parks.

Purplemandms and akarih like this.
  6. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

This is fantastic news!!

Daylily and Purplemandms like this.
  7. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Foreshadowing!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

summerskin, Daylily, pincrazy and 9 others like this.
  8. akarih

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I kinda hope they make the new version a little darker(Voodoo Mountain???)

Purplemandms likes this.
  9. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

I'm curious to know how a Mardi Gras celebration ends with everyone soaking wet, haha. Maybe @slbrabham has some ideas? :D

slbrabham and momin.ator like this.
  10. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

:(

Story likes this.
  11. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

I applaud this decision and am looking forward to this , though I wonder if any other projects in the works got shelved to make room for this expedited decision. For Disneyland, it’s proximity to New Orleans Square will help its retheming. As for WDW, I wonder if this means it will be getting another restructure of Frontierland...

mybabykelly and akarih like this.
  12. akarih

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Oh gosh I'm living for this Splash retheme but I love Frontierland and I'd be sad to see it go

13. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Haha, yep :) I wish I didn't reduce it to a side collection of my favorites though.

And remember everyone, there's always Tokyo if you want to get your Splash fix. It's my favorite version.

14. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Now my wife would really kill me if I ever let this pin go since she collects Tiana and Charlotte. She's been dancing around the house for the last hour and is putting on PATF later to celebrate. I'm glad Disney dug a little deeper so that we can all go down the bayou.

15. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE

Shelterkat, Spr175psu and akarih like this.
  16. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

I love this re-theme. I also never was that interested/connected to the current theme for the ride. Not sure I have ever actually seen the movie connected to the current theme. If I did it was not memorable for me.

mybabykelly likes this.
  17. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I reposted this because this thread wasn't showing up for me!
    This is what I had on my post:

People have a lot of nostalgia for Splash Mountain, and I get it, it's a fun ride. But Disney Parks are heading towards more IP-based content and since Song of the South has basically been disowned it no longer has footing. Disney Parks were created with the intention of evolving with the times and Tiana is pretty lacking in the parks.

I absolutely love this movie, Tiana is among my favorite princesses (note - she's like the only one that actually worked for her own damn dream). And I look forward to this and hopefully they'll use the animatronics like the new Beauty and the Beast ride at Tokyo instead of the projected face ones on the Frozen ride.

I am also extremely disappointed in the comments some adults are making in the facebook groups about this.

18. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

I am so excited about this!

For those who do not know, I did my fall 2018 DCP at Splash. So I'm definitely going to be nostalgic, and the change is a bit bittersweet, but even working there I was thinking about how good a fit it would be for Tiana. Aesthetically, PATF is beautiful. And I'm thrilled that it will be taking over one of the most beloved rides in the parks!

So, interesting fun fact. SOTS/Splash is themed in the "South", meaning FL/GA area. The ride itself is actually loosely based off of the ride "The Tales of the Okefenokee", where the Okefenokee refers to the Okefenokee swamp in GA. However, the "Frontier", symbolizing largely the Wild West, was largely contingent upon the Louisiana purchase in 1803! So theme-wise, it actually fits better than the current SOTS theming of Splash.

That being said, I'm going to update my splash ISO. Although I don't have my pins on me, I'd love to see if I can arrange some trades or purchases in the future when I'm no longer unemployed.

19. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Some of the ... commentary ... is as or more "politically" charged than the commenters claim Disney's decision is. (In other words, I find those comments pretty gross and emblematic of the ongoing problems in our illustrious country.)

Some of it, to me, is also just people living to complain. About anything and everything. Splash Mountain as a ride has always been popular, and some people did grow up with the characters without the movie context. So I understand there may be some nostalgia out there. But plenty of these outraged individuals did not care a fig about Splash Mountain or its story, history, etc, until Disney said they were changing it. So .... yeah. Boohoo.

My personal favorite was the person on FB who said it shouldn't be changed because we can't destroy history and parents will lose the opportunity to discuss these issues with their kids. Like, what? If any parent actually rode Splash Mountain and then explained to his/her kids how it was extracted from a controversial movie based on a controversial book and then introduced the topic of race relations in America, I will eat my hat. In addition to which, I think there are plenty of other venues and materials than a Disney ride to fill the gap for those looking to actually introduce this important topic to their kids.

People be cray. :rolleyes:

20. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Some rumors floating around have the third lift being transformed into Voodoo central ;)

[​IMG]

akarih and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  21. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

WELL THEN ... when you factor in the people who will boycott the change AND the people who will object to the celebration of The Dark Arts :p, wait times for the rest of us gonna be goin' down (the bayou).

22. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

“Only heathens will ride this”

Well make me the first in line then

23. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    221   0   0

I hope you’re pitching your PATF storyline from CanaDaLE’s game to the imagineers already!!!!

akarih and Purplemandms like this.
  24. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    221   0   0

P.s. I hope they don’t change the name from Splash Mountain. That’s the one thing I would hope remains the same. Maybe embellish the logo with some new PATF decoration but keep the name. Or...

Splash Mountain
    “Into the Bayou”

People would still shorthand it as Splash Mountain, but it would give respect to the new theme change.

SplashMtRider23 and akarih like this.
  25. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

“Only heathens will ride this”

Well make me the first in line then

Daylily, akarih and brattyjedi like this.