Old time trader, recently returned poster...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NCDragon, Feb 23, 2019.

1. NCDragon

NCDragon Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Greetings All,

NCDragon here, in the scales, so to speak! Its been a loooooong time since I've posted, traded, bought etc on here. So, I have some catching up to do!

My DW and I will be at WDW in the spring and I'm bringing along some trading material, just in case. Although, I don't remember seeing many cast-members even carrying pins the last time I was there.

So, my question is..... "Is trading still going on in the parks?"

2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Welcome back! To answer your question, it depends upon what sort of trading you're after. If you want to trade with cast members, most definitely, yes; pin trading still is going on and is extremely easy. It's my understanding that WDW's cast members are required to wear a pin lanyard and many other locations offer trading boards and books (those you may have to ask to see).

Trading with guests, on the other hand, most definitely has diminished. I can't recall the last time I saw any pin traders set up inside of Epcot (or any of the parks), but things do change on a daily-to-weekly basis - and I'm not 'local' to WDW. Unless something has changed - or your trip is going to coincide with a PTN or similar event - I wouldn't bother bringing pins to trade with other guests, but maybe one of our WDW-local members can confirm this for sure.

NCDragon likes this.
  3. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    525   0   0

Welcome back!

4. NCDragon

NCDragon Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks DanceCats! Its good to hear that the trading in still in vogue. I will definitely be carrying my traders now. I have just enough time to get my collection and wants list together before we head south. :)

5. NCDragon

NCDragon Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Starry solo! :)

6. Ocean7

Ocean7 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Be sure to stop by the pin shop (don’t remember name of store) by Tony’s in the Magic Kingdom from 10-1030 am. Cast member leaders are on the front porch area with trading boards (new hidden Mickey pins).
    Also, the pin store in Frontierland from noon-12:30.

Happy trading :)

krand1276 likes this.
  7. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    116   0   0

Hi and Welcome back!

Was just in WDW in January 2019 and plenty of cast members, stores, even resorts have lanyards and boards for trading. Even saw the pin-trading trashcan in Animal Kingdom.

Did not get a chance to go the EPCOT - so not sure if any tables were set up. Good luck!

8. NCDragon

NCDragon Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Excellent! Thanks Ocean 7. :)

9. NCDragon

NCDragon Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks CCofRR13... I 'll need to have some comfy shoes on. :)

10. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Comfy shoes are a MUST for WDW. If you wear an Apple Watch, Fitbit, or some other device that tracks your steps throughout the day, I think you'll be shocked at how much walking you do. I knew that I always walked a ton at WDW, but I was surprised at how many steps I logged during an average day, without even trying or thinking about it.

NCDragon likes this.
  11. NCDragon

NCDragon Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Maybe I'll borrow my wife's fitbit while she is in the conference, and give her all the credit for the first 3 days! :rolleyes: