Paint bleed?

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by megw717, Sep 30, 2019.

1. megw717

megw717 new, but not that new

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I just purchased a few pins from someone in a Facebook group, and I’m going to return them bc they have some scratches and such, BUT my real confusion comes from this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the bands around their hats, it’s like pink paint has bled through. It’s especially weird on Merriweather, bc she is, famously, BLUE. Did someone spill kool aid on these pins or what???

It kind of looks like reflection in these pics, but it’s not: there’s actual pink bled out over the gold.

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Weird! Maybe something in the package got really hot and stained the pins?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. megw717

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

They were shipped without any sort of bubble wrap, so that’s possible

4. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

This series of pins have been scrapped. I’m looking at the edges in your photos and they don’t look smooth (the bump on Rapunzel’s left bottom side and the bunk on the side of the pin in Merriweather’s photo). Of course, that’s not to say those are scrappers, but are there any other indications that they might be scrappers? Maybe the color bleed is due to that. If it is kool aid type stuff, have you tried cleaning them off?

5. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I have had pins with tarnish on them that is pinkish. If you decide to keep them try using a tarnish cleaner on them.

6. megw717

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

There’s a couple of paint dips in the Anna (I think), and like you said, the edges aren’t smooth. Otherwise, besides the nicks and dings that I think are the result of them not being stored or shipped properly, they look fine. They have all the appropriate info on the back and etc.

I really don’t care *that* much if they’re scrappers as long as they look fine. The colors are good. The problems (besides the weird paint bleed thing) are from improper handling, and that’s why I’m planning to return them. Big scratches and gouged away paint are NOT cool.

I have some issues about things like that ever since my Aurora princess ball pin arrived in a bag with one of the rhinestones from her skirt loose in the bag with her. Like?? It’s fine if a pin has a cosmetic issue as long as you *disclose* it!

LadyBarclay likes this.