Park Trading

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by curiousdinah, Mar 1, 2020.

1. curiousdinah

curiousdinah Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Hi Everyone,
    I know this gets asked perodically, but I can't find the latest. I have never traded in the parks before, so I have a few questions:

1. Where are people trading these days ?
    2. Is it worth bringing any LE pins to trade ? Do people brings those to the parks ?

The one time I did come across someone trading, they mostly has rack and booster type pins. I am trying to figure out what to pack and haul to the park with me.

Thanks for the help !

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Which Park?

DLR:
    Sunday (and maybe Thursdays): Picnic area at base of tram area outside of Disneyland (across from La Brea Bakery in DT Disney.)
    Thursday: in DLR outside pintraders in Frontierland… on the benches.

Regarding OE/LR/LE... It is so hit or miss. For DLR, if you go on Thursday or Sunday, park trading of LE pins would be yes. I recently ran into a bunch of traders in Frontierland on a Thursday and made some great LE/LR trades... so again, it will all depend on the day and how many pin traders are being lured to the park to pick up pins.

When I am running around the park (to ride rides as well as trade) I bring my small trading bag with a small amount OE/hidden mickeys/LR mystery pins. As well as traders for the boards/lanyards... of course. I try to consider what I am looking for (ie, recently was trying to complete the hot cocoa set and still trying to find a Star Wars Leia chaser from another mystery set. I also was in search of the Hawaii holiday tree from the Small World LR set... and found it on a Thursday! Yay!)

cyke23 likes this.
  3. curiousdinah

curiousdinah Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Hello !
    Sorry - WDW. I am not making to DLR anytime soon.

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

5. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

1. Epcot at the entrance, MK at Tortuga, DHS behind Starbucks, and behind Pin Traders some Sunday.
    2. Totally. I usually just bring a small book with me of a small sampling of my pins including LEs. Not really WDI/DSSH level, but parks are regularly traded.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  6. Pecosace

Pecosace Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Even though it's closed now :( I was at MK back in Jan and there was a lot of people at the Frontier Trading Post. It was right before noon and they brought out a huge pin trading board (but an object instead from a horse stall I think, not really sure) and had all of the newest HM wave pins on there! People were lined up far for it! There were a few others across the park but I just happened to stumble upon that one, all the times and places are listed in the times guide at the front of the park.