PeterJordan has returned to trading

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Peterjordan, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hi We are Bernadette & Peter Stern. We live in Orlando and are both long time Disney Cast Members. My wife Bernadette is the collector while I facilitate the trades. She gets so excited when we open our pins and the smile on her face simply makes my day! I have not traded actively in about seven years. Life got in the way of pins.
    With Disney closing recently I was furloughed and thought that this would be a terrific time to get back into trading.
    So Bernadette has been looking through Pinpics to add pins to her wants list and I have been sending out multiple trade requests almost daily. I look forward to interacting and trading and am thrilled to know that we can now track feedback. There used to be a site many years ago which was just for feedback and I had hundreds of positives on it, so I look forward to many fun trades and more pins for us all.

Walt, Connies_Hobby, akarih and 9 others like this.
  2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Welcome! Looking forward to trading. :)

Peterjordan likes this.
  3. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Welcome!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Peterjordan likes this.
  4. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Hello and welcome to the forum, I too have gotten back into collecting a bit in finding older pins during this pandemic. The site you are referring to is probably Dizpins(may it RIP). If you don't mind me asking, what were your primary roles with the company?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Peterjordan likes this.
  5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

Welcome!

Peterjordan likes this.
  6. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

So, if I have a pin that Peterjordan 2 wants, I should only offer a trade to Peterjordan 2?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Peterjordan likes this.
  7. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Hi and Welcome, it's always nice to find another 'old time' pin trader/collector. I also haven't traded for more years than I can count because ... life ... so I get it. I'm glad you found your way back into pins and pin trading.

Just out of curiosity, which character(s)/theme(s) do you prefer to collect?

Peterjordan and Connies_Hobby like this.
  8. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

Welcome to the forum fellow CMs! I took a look at your traders and sent you a request! First time in a long time I've sent a request on Pinpics!

If I may give you some very unsolicited advice for someone just getting back into pin trading as a CM:
    There is a thing people do outside of this forum in other forms of social media (I don't know if it happens on here, no one has slid into my DMs, as they say). They will get friendly with you and be nice to you, because they want your privileges. I'm sure you've seen your fair share of people crawling out of nowhere to beg for Comp passes or your swipes. It's like that, but for cast exclusive pins and people play the long con. They'll be friendly with you until you realize they're reselling those pins you traded "for their collection" for exorbitant amounts of money. Since there's no new pins coming out for a while, you won't run into this problem right now. I'm sure you have your way of dealing with it, but I just wanted to let you know to look out for it, since you two are public as CMs :)

We strive to help each other out on this forum, but only do so at our own comfort levels. If anyone hassles you about anything on here, please let one of our mods know :D

9. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

Welcome:lgm:

Peterjordan likes this.
  10. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Welcome back to the madness! So cool to see more CMs around, be warned you may be interrogated for entertaining parks stories...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Peterjordan likes this.
  11. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0

Welcome! I'm also lynn99 on pinpics, but rarely check trade requests so plz message me on here if I have something you want....

Peterjordan likes this.
  12. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

Hello and Welcome to this AWESOME Disney Pin Community.

Peterjordan likes this.
  13. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Peterjordan likes this.
  14. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

My primary roles were at The Studios as a stage manager (Little Mermaid, Bear in the Big Blue House, Playhouse Disney and Hunchback of Notre Dame) and at the reservation center where I was an agent, training coordinator, pathfinder, incentive analyst and currently a forecaster.

15. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

My wife loves Mickey (Especially Steamboat and Sorcerer as well as all pins where you can see his toes,) Maleficent, Stitch and hot air balloons. Thanks for asking and being so welcoming

16. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Will do thanks for the welcome!

17. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Happy to oblige. Warmest regards, Peter

akarih likes this.
  18. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks for the heads up, you are too kind

19. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Yes please. I am in the process of moving pins around so my original intent remains true. Thanks for asking

20. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Yes Dizpins. Thank you for that. Now I have to figure out how to post references on this site.

21. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

One small piece of advice. You may have noticed the different names being used here are aliases for our real names. I do it to maintain a certain level of anonymity, although several members know my real name. If you want to change your name, contact an administrator of the group, and they should be able to do that for you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Peterjordan and coblj003 like this.
  22. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Welcome to the forum! :lgm:Always nice to see fellow long-time collectors. Plus as CMs you must have lots of really great pins. PeterJordan1 has pins I am interested in while I have pins PeterJordan2 wants. So if you ever want to work out a "cross-alias" trade, let me know. (I'm ajk on pinpics as well.)

Peterjordan likes this.
  23. goofyfordonald

goofyfordonald DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

The good old days Stef, hope all is well. I miss the old Dizpins chats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    123   0   0

Hi and Welcome!

Peterjordan likes this.
  25. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I remember Dizpins very well and not a day goes by when I don't miss it. Were you involved with the forum side or did you just use the excellent reference center?
    I know; things are going quite well, thanks, although I can't tell you how much I miss the 'Chat Pack' and those late, sleepless nights! Good old days, indeed.