• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! PIF Trading Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZAPPED! PIF Trading Feedback

PinBeuty11

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hey guys.. So things have been a little hectic in my life the past month or so ( really bad sunburn and the passing of my grandparents) and I have just realized a very important thing:

I have not been leaving feedback for everyone. So on that note: if i have not left you any feedback please pm so i can catch up and stay on top of things..

For those that have left me feedback: THANKS!!!! :dumbo:

All the PIF's have been a great way to keep my mind off things and have given me the opportunity to get some pins that I may have always wanted into my collections. Now I'm off to sign up!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Me, me, would you leave feedback for me. I always forget to ask people and didn't realize I should until Judy asked me to leave her feedback. Hope you are well!!!

I really dont think we should be leaving feedback on PIF am I the only one who thinks this? Since its not a trade or a buy I just think its padding the references. Just my thoughts.

I don't participate in PIF, but I consider it a trade. We've all heard of 3 person trades, or even a 4 way trade, a PIF trade is a 20 person trade (or however long the chain is). At the end of the day, someone is expecting to receive a pin from a specific person. The only difference is you don't know what pin you are receiving. I don't see how the lack of knowing what pin it is in advance, or because you are sending to someone different than you are receiving means its not a trade. Zaps, I understand the "padding references", because there is no expectation of receiving something.

YES I consider it a trade as well,as you are posting you are sending a pin to the other person below
so you are kinda committed to it..if you stiffed them..then that would not be good

Judy

I really dont think we should be leaving feedback on PIF am I the only one who thinks this? Since its not a trade or a buy I just think its padding the references. Just my thoughts.

I would have to agree with Tabbikat2219. It is not technically a trade cause you might be getting a pin that you may not really want while in an actual trade you get pins that you are wanting.

I agree its not a trade and so it shouldnt be classed as such by getting references as in my opinion both parties should recieve a reference not just 1 side as for those that do PIF's quite alot thats one way to bump up their references and I think thats a way of cheating the system in a way.

It is a trade, a blind trade, but a trade non the less. I believe that references should be left is one askes. It is a great way for newbies to get references.

+1

I normally don't leave feedback or expect people tonleave me feedback on a PIF, just because it is more of an exchange or pins to me. However, if the person happen to not send me the pin I think I will give negative feedback letting everybody know what happened if the person fails to respond for his or her side of the trade. It have never happen but I think that is what I will do if it ever happens. ;)

So I am sorry if I have Not left u feedback, I just find it silly, it is more of a game, and as grown up we should know what to do, if we play the game, we moat follow rules, and I don't think it is necessary to let people know how it even if we all got the pins and are happy with it. Again, I will leave feedback, if it is so very important to you for mr to do so, but don't give me any(or atleast I don't need you to or expect u to).

Since this has come up before, perhaps the mods could add a PIF option to the reference section so that people can select Trade, Sale, or PIF. I can really see both sides of it.

thanks for everyones opinions. I can see and understand both sides.. thanks to those who have left feedback.. now i think i will not leave any unless someone asks or something goes wrong that others need to know about..

With trading through PIF, I think it can be appropriate to give feedback if you so choose. You shouldn't expect feedback in return though if the receiver doesn't want to.

Goodness, what a debate! I kind of feel like if you are willing to leave negative feedback if someone does not send you a pin, then all PIF's that you participate in should be given a feedback. With that said, I'm pretty neutral on the topic. I have left feedback because the DPF member has made good on a promise to send me a pin. I in no way expect that I will get feedback for sending someone a pin, but I believe it is okay when they do. I don't feel like people are padding or "bumbing up" their feedback scores by participating in PIF and then wanting feedback. It is in "essence" a trade. You are giving a pin and getting a pin in return. Just because you are sending a pin to a different person than who you sent your pin to or that you may not really want the pin you get, to me, has no bearing on the fact that people have trusted you to send them a pin. Your reputation is at stake.

Maybe there should be a seperate referance area for PIF. Either way, PIF has been tons of fun and a great way for me to get to know fellow pin traders. I would trust the people who have participated with me in PIF to do trades with in the future, and I feel like leaving feedback is a good way to let other people know how trustworthy these traders have been.

Well said, katpogo! You have put into words what I think, too. I also think rather than see PIF feedback as a negative "padding," you could also look at it as "hey this person has participated in PIF 20 times, and 20 times has come through and sent a pin when s/he said s/he would." That's a positive sign of reliability to me, not a negative as if they are trying to cheat the system somehow.

My 2 cents...

Laura

I would consider myself a neutral third party on this subject, since I have never participated in PIF. So I'd like to add my opinion, and you can take it or leave it.

This person says to you that he or she will send you a pin, PMs you for your address, pays for a bubble envelope, addresses it, wraps your pin with care, takes the time to go down to the post office and stand in line, and pays for postage and a DC#, messages you saying the pin has been sent, and gives you the DC# so you don't have to worry in the mean time until it arrives in your mailbox. And after all of that, you won't take two seconds to leave a reference? Yet you make a post only viewable in this sub-board (which I just now found after being a member of this forum for months), bragging about the awesome pin you received in the PIF?

This person has done everything any other trader would do. I think he or she deserves to have a reference left for his or her efforts, so that the rest of us on the other boards will know that he or she is reliable.

Since this has come up before, perhaps the mods could add a PIF option to the reference section so that people can select Trade, Sale, or PIF. I can really see both sides of it.

If there is an added reference option, perhaps it could be more generic. So the reference options would be: Buyer; Seller; Trade; Game. There are other games involving pins from time to time. Just a thought.. :)

Last edited:
After reading PixarPerils post, I think my mind is made up. I did leave feedback. On the section all could see, I made sure to note a PIF, but I think it was absolutely the right thing to add a positive for someone taking the time and care to send a nice pin.
Just my opinion. :)

Regarding PIFs: I agree with PixarPerils post. I usually send a PM and/or post a note AND leave feedback for pins that I have bought, sold, traded for, and pins I have received by playing a game like PIF. And many times, after someone has posted on the ..so what did you get in the Pin It Forward Swap.. thread, about a pin that I sent them, I will post something nice in return, that acknowledges their post.. I think at a minimum, out of courtesy, ppl should at least acknowledge the receipt of a PIF pin by sending a PM. Sometimes life gets a bit busy or crazy for whatever reason.. PIF is meant to be a fun game. It's kinda nice when ppl post their PIFs on the ..so what did you get in the Pin It Forward Swap.. thread. If none of us post on the ..what did you get.. thread, nor leave feedback for the PIF, nor even acknowledge the receipt of a pin, etc. etc.. That doesn't sound like fun.. that sounds more like a void..

That would be a game that:
1) Sign up after a person
2) Send them your address
3) They send you a pin - period.
4) Repeat 1 through 3 above.

Ohhhh, that sounds like a lot of fun!! Huh??

Just imagine PIF with no ..so what did you get.. thread.
Just imagine PIF with no communication with others, except - I send you my address and you send me a pin - period - wow - that sounds like a lot of fun - not!

What about the ppl that have gotten stiffed by ppl playing PIF?? Hmmmm......

Maybe there should be another game set up for ppl that would enjoy a game with the 4 step rules listed above - call it "Pin-to the Void" - LOL - there's a movie called "Into the Void"!!

..Just my thoughts.. :rolleyes:

With trading through PIF, I think it can be appropriate to give feedback if you so choose. You shouldn't expect feedback in return though if the receiver doesn't want to.

I agree with comment. I like to leave feedback when I receive a pin in the PIF. That way others who are playing can check feedback for references on people they sign up under to send them a pin. They will know that I received mine. I always note in the feedback in was a PIF!. However I must admit I sometimes get behind leaving the feedback. LOL

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back