• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin manufacturer

Tom moro

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

I have seen lots of posts about how to spot fake pins but does anyone know where the real pins are made? It is apparently in China but what is the name of the manufacturer? A quick check on Google seems to reveal a lot of companies which claim to produce the official Disney pins but there's no indication which are genuine. No wonder there is a problem with counterfeiting! Surely it would be easiest for Disney to say that only pins which are made at factory X are genuine?

There are actually 3 factories Disney deals with. I learned that from chats at the DSF. They deal with 2 of them. There was only two but the newest one makes the pins with the boarders around the edges so the lets say mickeys do not go off the edge. and also puts seriel numbers on their pins and match it with the backing card. thats all i know for now. And yes its factory X because well never know.

I think Disney would call that "sharing proprietary information" and they, like any good business, don't do that. If you were a customer, would you want all your clients to know where you go to get wholesale items, I don't think so. Disney is a business and I think sometimes we forget that. Sure, sometimes their customer service stinks, but every business has it's good days and bad days. Disney is no different.

I guess you are all right. I was looking at it from the perspective of the manufacturer - if I was them I would want to shout from the hills that I made the pins for Disney and if the factory name was stamped on the pins we would all know which are genuine and which are not. By the way, what is DSF? I am relatively new to all this :)

DSF is the Disney Soda Fountain in California. Just let me know if you have more questions, I'm always glad to get someone else addicted, oops, I mean started on pin collecting. It's so much fun and you meet such nice people too!

DSF is the Disney Soda Fountain in California. Just let me know if you have more questions, I'm always glad to get someone else addicted, oops, I mean started on pin collecting. It's so much fun and you meet such nice people too!

:lol: ENABLER! :lol: :hug:

:lol: ENABLER! :lol: :hug:

im an enabler too!!!my family says i turn everyone into pinholics.there should be a support group and a 12 step program:
1st step admitting you have a problem
2nd step taking back saying you have a problem in fear they'll take your pins away......it'll be like that for the first couple of steps,back and forth.hahaha

Thanks for this. I'm just getting stuck into it all as part of research for a paper I am writing on Disney so pins aren't 24/7 for me though I see how they could be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back