Pin Trading Database Needs Help

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
538   0   0
PTDB needs help with pin entries, either loading new ones for pins that currently are not on the database OR looking at existing listings to see what needs to be fixed.

There are a lot of entries that don't have a release date so it defaults to 1979 (not sure why that year, maybe that's the year @ryanfury was born?) To find those, you can order it by release date and do ascending or descending and it will either be the last page or the first page (depending on the option you pick).

hiddenjumprope

Possibly a mermaid
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
PTDB needs help with pin entries, either loading new ones for pins that currently are not on the database OR looking at existing listings to see what needs to be fixed.

There are a lot of entries that don't have a release date so it defaults to 1979 (not sure why that year, maybe that's the year @ryanfury was born?) To find those, you can order it by release date and do ascending or descending and it will either be the last page or the first page (depending on the option you pick).
I sent some to you in a PM a couple months ago, for the release dates. I'll continue to go through them soon hopefully!

splashmtnman

All Wet and Sad
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We should be able to figure it out based on the entry date if we count back, but that might take too
much effort. :)
As per my old PM sent to @starry_solo ...

"Congratulations!!!
On entering the first pin of 2021 (why I am not surprised)
According to the PTDB clock, Pin# 38901 @ 00:26:23 is #1."

04/17/21
Counting back gives us 1,620 pins added to PTDB this year...

Soapbox
We all have seen and felt what it is like to have a site go dark or hacked.
It's time to build PTDB as an alternative to PinPics... just in case
Telling myself "Get busy again"

rik1138

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
As of today there are 38709 pins in the database. (So sad we lost the start of the year number...)
We can't use the pin numbers exactly as they aren't accurate, but Starry_solo's post from Jan 1st was this:
ok, 1/1/2021, PTDB has 37137 pins....

(The WayBack Machine has some of the forum archived up to Fab 26th of this year. It doesn't display the messages cleanly, but it's readable... :)

So looks like 1680 pins added this year as of right now.

Last edited:

TheMickeyMouseRules

Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Only 63 pins to get to 40,000 pins on PTDB. If everyone reading this adds 5 pins today... maybe we can hit 40,000 by end of today?

I am going to try to find 5 pins to add today.
Hahaha... my math skills suck, or alternatively I am just super excited to get PTDB to 40000.

Still have another 1000 to go. Will do my best to find some time!

TheMickeyMouseRules

Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
With pinpics being down... we all have more time on our hands. :(

Why not use some of that time to upload pin listings to PTDB? :)

Less than 900 pins to go until 40,000!

hiddenjumprope

Possibly a mermaid
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
With pinpics being down... we all have more time on our hands. :(

Why not use some of that time to upload pin listings to PTDB? :)

Less than 900 pins to go until 40,000!
I've already added all I could from my pin collection! Unless we can add other pins that we don't have pictures of from PinPics? I know we can't use PinPic photos.

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
538   0   0
Now I'm adding the WDI Zootopia pins (concept art primarily) for the 5th anniversary.

39197 pins in the database as of 5/9/2021 at 6 p.m. Pacific

Last edited:

Pinfun

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just wanted to pop on here and say that I am going to start moving my collection over due to all the issues with pinpics etc. I have a good many older pins so I can start uploading older pins...only 2200 to go...
That’s what I’ve finally started doing... 10 pins a day. My goal at least.
It is really helpful if you only have part of a set to make sure the whole set is listed for consistency in wording and data (even if you don’t have all photos; it’s also very fast to do). I’ve been uncovering many older pins where that didn’t happen and poor starry_solo is getting probably, on average, 2 pin fixes from me for every pin I am actually uploading.

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
538   0   0
That’s what I’ve finally started doing... 10 pins a day. My goal at least.
It is really helpful if you only have part of a set to make sure the whole set is listed for consistency in wording and data (even if you don’t have all photos; it’s also very fast to do). I’ve been uncovering many older pins where that didn’t happen and poor starry_solo is getting probably, on average, 2 pin fixes from me for every pin I am actually uploading.

I agree! Even if you don't have the entire set, go ahead and list the entire set. We can usually find pictures from other people that are willing to let us use theirs (eBay sellers, etc.)