PinPics down Again?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by bcol, Apr 18, 2020.

1. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

I tried to get onto PinPics about an hour ago and no luck. This is what showed up. Is anyone else having the same trouble?

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Poohlady5 likes this.
  2. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

My Sister and I just signed in on two different computers, and we got in just fine.

One thing to check is if your anti-virus got an update and you need to adjust settings. This happened to me one time with several sites that I was used to using a lot.

3. Poohlady5

Poohlady5 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

I received the same message

4. disneykins

disneykins DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

Me too.

5. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

PinPics is not a secure site. It is not an https site. So it has no encryption protections on it.
    Your anti-virus may be flagging it as an unsafe site to be visiting. You can probably add PinPics to a safe list if it keeps happening.

On PinPics, do not message anyone personal information. I also have a password there that I do not use for any other site I visit.

"What Makes a Site “Not Secure”?
    The “Not Secure” next to a URL means the site is has no encryption to protect the connection or privacy of its visitors. This means that if someone were to put in any sensitive information on the site, it can be stolen by attackers. The encryption adds a layer of security that helps protect any sensitive information entered on the website.

Let’s say a potential client visits a “Not Secure” site looking for legal help and decides to fill out a contact form on the website. Here, they enter their email, address, date of birth or any other information asked. This information can be stolen by a hacker or intercepted if the visitor is on a public network. Aside from the risks imposed on potential clients, it’s a big red flag for anyone considering that firm."

Why Does My Firm’s Site Say “Not Secure”?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    noone likes this.
  6. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

I thought I would try Chrome instead of Edge and I got through no problem. Then I updated to the "NEW" Edge and that worked too. I guess it was time to update my browsers :p. @Tonka Toy I did not even notice that it wasn't secure. Thank you.

TonkaToy likes this.
  7. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

This is why I bugged Ryan to make sure PTDB was secure (it wasn't for some time)...

8. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

OK, on a (related?) different note: Is pinpics down? I can't get it to open, and I came to DPF to see if this could be confirmed...

9. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Hmm, I’m able to log in on my phone but it’s been going down intermittently for a lot of people. Try deleting your browser’s cookie cache and see if it will reload.

10. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Check this thread out:
    PinPics down Again?

11. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Bumping this back up for @unibear and anyone having issues.

I continue to have this issue... I just click on proceed to site.

12. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

OK, weirdness explained (?). My browser used //pinpics.com/ and it didn't work. But if I typed 'www.' before it, it worked. Don't know why...

13. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

It used to be that both worked but recently I noticed that only one of them works. @GreyWyvern
    explained this once, but I don't remember exactly why it happens.